sistina gm

I don't believe this bag is as popular as others, so if you do not receive a response, you should also try contacting the Customer Service portion of louisvuitton.com ! :yes:

how roomy is a sistina GM? does it have base studs like the trevi? is it a structured bag like trevi and won't get out of shape or sag after some time? can it stand on its own? i like roomy, structured bags and definitely from the damier ebene line..i have a trevi pm..i like everything about it except that the opening is a bit small, it's hard to get my things in/out and it's not so roomy..i've thought of the trevi gm because it's more spacious but in my opinion, it doesn't look as gorgeous as the trevi pm..now i'm into sistina GM..i just want to know if it's roomy, if it's a structured bag, if it won't sag or get out of shape after some time and if it can stand on its own like a trevi, and if it has base studs..'hope somebody there with a sistina GM experience can enlighten me..i've been undecided for about a week now (btw, i'm thinking of returning my saleya mm, that's why)..thanks

There are no base studs on this style. It's a light weight bag, with 3 large compartments, the center compartment is zippered. My MIL has the Sistina MM and it hasn't lost it's shape.

I just left a post on your other thread. You might want to check the Sistina Club house. The center compartment is a little small like the Trevi PM. I don't think that it will sag and structured with no base studs.

There are no base studs on this style. It's a light weight bag, with 3 large compartments, the center compartment is zippered. My MIL has the Sistina MM and it hasn't lost it's shape.

You know for a bag that cost over $2000.00, you'd think LV would have added base studs on it like the Trevi, Tivoli, and others. Makes no sense.

I have the bag in damier ebene and absolutely love it. It has two open side pockets that allow the red lining to pop, even when the bag is zipped. Apparently the Griet (sort of similar style) from last year was very heavy, so LV wanted this to be a lot lighter. Maybe that's why they left the metal feet off? I don't miss them since the bag never hits the floor anyway.

thanks everyone for the responses..i've been LV window shopping for the last couple of days and have been to LV in 5th ave, bloomingdales, macy's in roosevelt fields mall and LV in port washington..i noticed that all the sistina gm bags they are selling are all made in spain..i know that qualitywise, they are all the same, be it made in france, u.s.a, or spain..but it's just more comforting to own an LV, as expensive as a sistina gm, that is made in france..do you think i make sense or am i being too choosy? btw, sistina gm is very beautiful..i was about to purchase it (and my husband already gave me the go signal to buy it), until i saw in the bag that it is made in spain....after more than a week of mind-boggling LV decision-making, i'm planning to keep my saleya mm so i'll have a bag that i can carry everywhere without worrying too much about it..and i know that i'll be using my saleya more often than my trevi and if ever i have a sistina gm..i'll just keep the sistina gm in my wishlist for now..and buy the damier ebene zippy wallet, instead....thanks everyone for the replies.

Hi bbrus--I am checking out your post since I just came back from Paris and bought the LV Epi Bagatelle GM in Rubis. It is a great travel bag but too heavy and big for me to use as an everyday bag. I was undecided between this bag and the Sistina GM. I am seriously considering the Sistina GM, but one of the main things that bothered me was that it said the bag was made in Spain and not France. Even the ones in Paris say the same thing. Did you ever ask anyone at the stores you visited if they could explain? The other thing I didn't like about the bag was that it didn't have the base studs and it is an expensive bag. How do you like your saleya mm?

the LV branches i visited in ny all have the sistina gm made in spain..this time, i'm looking for a damier zippy wallet made in france but all the damier zippy wallets in the stores i visited--and even called some shops which are far from my place--are either made in spain or u.s.a...someone explained to me that LV products which are popular in a specific country ex. in the u.s.a., are manufactured in the same country, and in this particular example, in the u.s.a. for economic reasons..so LV does not need to export a popular LV product from france to the u.s.a...and the least popular product in a particular country is made elsewhere..maybe that's the reason why most sistina gm are made in spain because it's not as popular as other LV bags, which, if you buy in the u.s.a. would most probably be made in the u.s.a...the same goes with the damier zippy wallet that i want to buy..that piece is probably popular here in the u.s.a. that's why most of these products are made in the u.s.a....and my saleya mm--i haven't used it yet because i'm waiting to purchase a damier zippy wallet to pair it with, before i take her out with me..:smile:

BBRUS--I just bought the Sistina GM today and I asked why it was made in Spain and not in France. The girl explained to me that they have 4 different manufacturing facilities and that France can't handle it all and that is why certain bags, wallets, etc. are made in different places. When I looked at the Sistina in Paris at 2 different stores, all of them were made in Spain, same when I looked at the Sistina in California at 2 different stores as well.

thanks azzedine..maybe i shouldn't be so choosy about where the LV products were made..as long as they were made in the 4 different manufacturing facilities, they are authentic LV's, of course..and france couldn't handle everything that's why they have other manufacturing facilities in other countries....so you already have your sistina GM? how do you like it so far?