Sister wives

Most Mormon fundamentalist poligamist don't seem to be this well adjusted and the ones you hear about consist more of abusers and underage children brides living in poverty. I wonder if there have been long term sudies on polygamy and the effects on the modern family and marriage.

I'm not sure that I'd consider this family "well adjusted" given what I suspect is the husband's drive towards fame :P

I think this show does a decent job of what Cody and Meri, Christine, and Janelle were hoping it would do. A lot of what you hear about polygamy is abuse, underage children, etc, as dstalksalot said. And I think this family was trying to show that you can't just clump everyone into that category because of a few bad seeds, and that they're just regular people trying to raise their family according to their beliefs and live life the way they think is right, just like everyone else, and how hard a toll prejudice takes on their kids and their family.

I feel a lot of sadness for this family as a whole, but particularly the kids as this move has not been easy on them. Janelle's son really needs some help.

People can't help if they get cold sores. Let's hope you never get one.

I have. It is just natural for someone to go "eww". Almost positive people have thought that at a sight of a cold sore on me too. I guess it's more the thought of the cause of it being from kissing a man who kisses 3 other women on the lips. Maybe it's not from that, but it's the first thought that popped into my head.

My heart breaks for the kids.

Random thoughts about last night's epi:

Why can't the teenagers hang out at the movies or mall? Why do they need to be inserted into a youth group at some random church? They seemed to have friends judging by the pool party.

I have never seen a pool party where no one was wearing a bathing suit.

Why is baby Truely so hairless?

Robyn needed to STFU during the church youth group discussion, none of her kids were involved. She should've sat there and kept quiet, not tried to tell Janelle's daughter that she could pick her own church when she was 18. Urgh. No wonder the older kids reacted coldly about Robyn's pregnancy.

Robyn: "A baby is a physical manifestation that there is an intimate relationship between a husband and wife" -- So, they try not to think about Kody getting it on with the others?

Janelle's non-reaction after Robyn's pregnancy announcement was very telling. I think she's wondering how they can afford another baby.

Why did they mention finances are stretched tight, then renovate Christine's backyard. TLC paid?

Random thoughts about last night's epi:

Janelle's non-reaction after Robyn's pregnancy announcement was very telling. I think she's wondering how they can afford another baby.

Why did they mention finances are stretched tight, then renovate Christine's backyard. TLC paid?

Janelle was NOT happy.

And to continue the random thoughts....

With all the complications that can occur with pregnancy, I was really surprised that they elected to tell all the kids at the same time. It's a lot to process for the little ones, especially if something goes wrong. It also seemed odd that she would tell Christine & Janelle's kids, without telling them first.

Robyn was definitely feeling the need to be the center of attention. Although I thought her intentions were good in telling Meri separately, she seemed disappointed that Meri wasn't more upset.

Janelle was NOT happy.

And to continue the random thoughts....

With all the complications that can occur with pregnancy, I was really surprised that they elected to tell all the kids at the same time. It's a lot to process for the little ones, especially if something goes wrong. It also seemed odd that she would tell Christine & Janelle's kids, without telling them first.

Robyn was definitely feeling the need to be the center of attention. Although I thought her intentions were good in telling Meri separately, she seemed disappointed that Meri wasn't more upset.
I thought so too.

And I didn't like that she went up and intruded when Mariah and Meri were having their moment. Although I think Kody sent her up there...?

well my thoughts:

Kody's hair looks worst than last season. He's looking like it been over-processed - I guess he thinks he's a big star and I bet he's getting it done all the time - yuck!

And where's all the money coming from for them to rent all those big houses in Vegas? No one's working - is TLC paying them so much?

I don't think Janelle or Christine are happy.
Janelle seems very depressed with the move, no job, money worries, and the new baby - and the problems with her son. With them living in different houses, I bet she doesn't get the same support from the other wives or Kody - although it was nice to see that the son was able to go to Christine's house when he didn't want to deal with the pool party.

And I agree with someone else here - a pool party and no one was wearing a bathing suit - kindof weird, seeing the kids swimming in their clothes.

I think Robin joining the family is going to be the end of them - or this TV show.

Did anyone catch when Robyn said that her having a baby binded them all together forever? Sounds like those women who get knocked up to "keep the man". Seems like Robyn is still trying to prove herself in the family. Here's a clue Robyn, get a freakin' job.