sirius subscription coupons

suzqs5

Feb 10, 2009
Does anyone know of any deals on subscriptions for sirius satellite radio for vans?. We had purchased a new vans with the satellite radio which came with it for one yr and it is now up for renewel.

Rosie2

Dec 12, 2008
Watch out for paying for long term contract. Cirius is one of the businesses they are speculating will go bankrupt this year. Their stock has dropped to about 11 cents a share and they pay huge salaries to some like Howard Stern. They are pretty iffy right now.

Carmen82

O.G.
May 1, 2007
Yup, call and cancel! I did that in November and they offered me 3 months for the price of 1 and then $13 a month after that (but I could cancel anytime). I just called last weekend to cancel because I didn't want to pay $13 and they ended up giving it to me for free until May!

kantrosak

Aug 4, 2008
Las Vegas
I have been a loyal subscriber since howard came there in '06... I mostly listen on the internet, while my wife listens in the car.

They are planning on charging $2.99 per month for internet usage unless I upgrade to a 6-month or annual plan...

Even if they go bankrupt, they won't go out of service... It's a really good service with commercial-free music and sports programming -- not to mention the adult stuff like Howard, etc...

BTW -- Sirius was doing pretty good and XM was bleeding financially.. Sirius had to pay over 800 mil to pay off XM's debts..

Also, Howard's salary might seem to be high... however most of it was stock (which we know is doing horribly) and the salaries of EVERY cast member comes out of that large figure (Robin makes like 4 - 5m, Fred makes like 750k, Artie makes 700k, Gary makes 500k.. not to mention all the rest of the crew...

Rosie2

Dec 12, 2008
My husband only listens to the comedy channels and they are NOT commercial free. And what's worse, the commercials are mostly for adult stores. I don't want to pay for radio that has commercials. Seems pointless.

goashleygo

Apr 1, 2008
SoCal
Sirius came free for a year with my car and then when that expired they gave me $120/year deal I think? I love it on the long commute to and from classes and listen on the internet occasionally. I love the Cosmo and Podus channels, I really hope they don't go under..

Suzzeee

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
California
DH has it in his car and I have to admit, I love the comedy channels - got hooked on Rawdog although the commercials are a bit annoying, but at least there's not many of them like commercial radio plus you can't a lot of what they offer on commercial radio.

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia USA
My husband is hooked on Hair Nation, we listen to it in our cars and enjoy that it's commercial free. Just got notice that prices are going up and we should 'lock in' our current rates by paying for a full year before march. We currently pay month to month. I have to admit, I am tempted to cancel or at least just cancel my radio but my husband will not give it up.

Linda

kantrosak

Aug 4, 2008
Las Vegas
I haven't gotten any price increase notices, just that the internet broadcast is going under an upgrade and will cost $2.99/month unless i buy a 6 or 12 month package..

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia USA
I haven't gotten any price increase notices, just that the internet broadcast is going under an upgrade and will cost $2.99/month unless i buy a 6 or 12 month package..
Here is what mine says, it doesn't sound like it's only going to go up if you listen on the internet - which we do not and never have. But if I'm reading this wrong someone please feel free to let me know!

On March 11 2009 the monthly rate for your discounted subscription will increase from $6.99 a month to $8.99 a month upon renewal. You can lock in the special discounted rate of $6.99 a month by choosing a longer term plan at www.sirus.com/lockin - but only if you act quickly.

**my own note - this 'discounted' rate is discounted because it's our second radio, we pay full price for the first. **

And now they go on to mention internet listening in a separate paragraph -
And if you renew now you can continue to listen online FREE for the entire length of your subscription. Effective March 11 2009 online listening will be upgrade to a higher quality digital audio and no longer included as part of a base subscription at no charge.

So this sounds to me like our monthly rate is going to go up whether we listen online or not but if you renew now and for a longer period of time we can get it for free. Big deal, we never listened online anyway. I may need to call them to clarify this though.

Linda