Siouxie Sioux: how I love YOU!

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
"The funny thing about rock today: it hardly exists....it's manufactured, it's something you can buy at a store devoted to replicating the rock and roll look. It's spotted on celebrities and it trickles it's way down from Kate Moss's ankles, to Barneys, to H&M and pleather and target. What happened to indiviuality? What happened to the alternative movement? What happend to the boy who got fired at Perry Ellis for sending grunge down the runway? You're punk rock if your damned, if you do, if you dont. And I cherish that thing that's a manufactured homage to the movement, to the people and to this rock star trend we have running full stride. And I thank you MARC JACOBS for bringing it mainstream, even if i hate the trendiness of it all and gag on rubber at the thought of a PVC punker jacket...."
a0aMJsweetpunk007.jpg

"MJ: long pasted graduate of Parsons School of Design in NYC. he was given the golden thimble award the year I was born, 1984. Some sort of magic was in the air or just some sort of happening happened to occur the year I was born. Whatever it was, it is something I love now and look forward to with each fashion week passing. Marc Jacobs tested the limits of the fashion world early on, taking sportswear and turning it underground mainstream, tapping into the vast untapped world that today floods out on myspace blogs, NYLON magazine and quirky no-named it-girl streetstyle around the globe. What is currently capitalized on was a F-U to the world of high fashion, class and money back when MJ made headway up the flights of stairs in the wide world of fashion. MARC JACOBS is decades beyond the times, and decades past in the past. he is never current and that is why his design is eternal."
a0aMJsweetpunk005.jpg

"Every time I sit down to write about this man and his designs I always start in one place with a concise direction, and somehow when I'm done, it's never where it intended to be, and I somehow have an even deeper appreciation for the design house I openly praise. This time I was going to write a parallelism on how the brand marc jacobs and the whole punk movement share so many things, all in celebration of scoring a holy grail bag I have been chasing like a wild fox chases a white rabbit. And once again, I am diverted into another realm of realization of how extensive and smart this brand truely is. Or at least appears to those that love it.
a0aMJsweetpunk008.jpg

"I devoted a blog to it, I've owned it, sat on it, carried it, drawn it, nearly everything but ingested it, although it's essence bleeds through me from the items to the soul and back again in a conversation I have with these aspects of design I cherish in my closet. I went on a trip to Italy, and my roommates prized possession was a MBMJ coat. I didn't understand it at the time, or the nakedness and insecurities she spoke of when mentioning how much she loved the brand, while otherwise retaining an air of snooty fashion-student demeanor around everyone else. No. I did not know of it at the time....only that it was a lot of $$ and a name."
a0aMJsweetpunk011.jpg

"But when I got back, I learned and researched and fell in love with a Karen Elson Vogue Editorial shoot, a single picture of a redhead with a cat in the bag.....I was smitten, and stupid me, thought it was chanel at the time. A kisslock, and an order of fate later, I had in my hands the golden wrapped holy grail called the stam bag in my hands. I was terrified to use it, the thought of it made me feel like a child holding bone china or her mothers porcelain blue bird music box that I broke when I was 10. It was huge and heavy and all mine....and she's still mine, that precious stam. I've gone through the years after that, picking up bags here and bags there and swapping them out like marbles or trading cards with other fellow bag lovers and fetishists....always having a few bags in mind that were always a bit out of reach.
a0aMJsweetpunk004.jpg

"The Sweet Punk bags from 2006 were one of them. Ever since I saw stock photo's of these, I was smitten, love-bitten....I wanted one so very badly. I'd been sniped out, outbid, everything you can imagine in pursuit of one of these bags...and by some terrible luck, just last week....the ultimate attainability in MJ was given to me....
a0aMJsweetpunk010.jpg

"In all the irony of materializing PUNK ROCK and bringing it mainstream in these bags, MJ has done another one of those magic tricks of his and pulled it off. It's taken years for the mainstream fashion world to catch on, and now there's pyramid studs, cigarette pants and black rock, punk galore down the runways. I like to think of MJ as the innovator of a lot of this recent movement....and for his sake, it was done out of the love of the music and the people who made it: paying homage to them in the best way he knew how, handbags.
a0aMJsweetpunk009.jpg

Last edited:
i have to really send a humongous shout-out to **NOT ALLOWED***!!!!!!!!!!!!!******* i may have still be strolling ebay day after day, hoping for something in my price range to pop up. She was so great, an absolute angel! and I got your card as well. This puppy is staying in my collection forever! thank you so so so much! you have no idea how much i love this bag...sorry for pestering you so much during the auction....:shame: but THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! :hugs: :heart:
a0aMJsweetpunk002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: