Single XL Black - Keep or Keep looking?

pinkfeet

O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
Just got it. Was excited, Nords priced matched Saks sale but now that it's home.. I am not sure.

The gold hardware might be throwing me off.

Maybe it's the type. I am more casual I guess.. do you think it's .. and I hate to use this term but " matronly" ?

I am no spring chicken my any means being in my 30's but .. it makes me look and feel older or maybe it's because I don't dress up too much these days.

Thoughts? I would hate to return and regret it.

would a different color make it less "matronly"?
I'm also in my early 30's and own the single in all sizes. With the larger ones, say XL, I personally prefer colored ones and I think it works for me. Hope this helps.

It's all a matter of personal style. I'm in my 30s and can't say that I get enough use out of my single for the same reason of feeling matronly. Give yourself a week to decide if you want to keep it... if you still haven't the urge to use it after a week, then return it. It's better to use that money toward something else you like, and there's still plenty of time to catch something on sale.

I agree with thithi. I used to have a black large single but sold it for the same reason. I still have a purple large single and use it for formal or conservative occasions only. Return it if you don't feel the love for it, and get something else. Right now Bloomingdales have MJ bags with 60% off.

Yep, I adore the smaller ones in other colors but wanted a more every day bag or one I would use often which is why I was so excited about the XL.

I just see other pics, and it looks so classy on other people, maybe it's the lighter color though since I see that more than the black.

I hate when this happens! I was so excited... but if I don't use it soon I'll return it. It's a bad sign not wanting to use it ASAP even to try it out or put anything in it.

Bad sign for me. :sad:

I just bought the exact same one in Black just a few weeks ago and I love it! I already got compliments on it and I can see girls eyeballing it all the time which I can of find VERY annoying sometimes! I mean I don't want to have girls getting the idea to go and buy it right :P? Anyway, I am 26 and mostly wear dark jeans or leggings with flats or boots, a cardigan or a long sweater and I don't feel like it is too much. I always dress very casually, overwise I feel awkward anyway lol.

The reason why I like so much it is because to me, it reminds me of the 20/30's. I don't know, there is something about it that makes it look like what women used to wear when pants where not allowed. It is something that never goes out of style, like a Chanel. (I can't afford a Chanel and I am a true Marc Jacobs lover anyway :P)

I would say keep it. If it is going to be your everyday bag then keep the black. The lighter colors would get dirty too fast! For me, that purse helps me feeling more and more feminine everyday... maybe you would get used to it over time!

Reactions: Wishsong
Nordstrom priced matched the Saks sale online. They had the black and blush on sale in XL and other sizes / colors a few days ago. Not sure what is left, the sale should still be going on online and in store.

Ok thanks guys .. still thinking.. lol..

this doesn't strike me as matronly at all, but I don't think the look works for boho chic style...it's def a more dressy, classic look.

I have the large single because I find it easier to dress down--I can carry it with almost anything--flat boots, flip flops, etc. The xl seemed like it would be harder to carry casually.

I decided to return it. I think the size ( which I thought would be helpful ) is an issue as well.

In the smaller size, the smaller crossbody ones I think I would be happier, in different colors or a smaller black size yes classic. I think it;s a combination of everything thats throwing me off.

Will continue to keep a watch out on the smaller ones on sale, now that I know better.

I guess Marc, price match, sale, I got excited. lol

Just sad it didn't work out for me. The bag was really nice over all, the leather etc.