Single Minded Must Haves

MelmoK

Jun 22, 2008
Indiana
Well, the first time I saw a Francine I wasn't impressed. To be honest I thought they looked like unattractive bowling bags.
However, I seem to have been bitten by a bug. I now MUST HAVE ONE!! In fact, I'm looking at three in different colors though if I ended up with three my husband would have me committed.
I've spent the last few hours searching the forum on Francines and Luci's but there isn't exactly a wealth of information. Is this a commonly faked bag? Other then with the Whiskey is there a lot of issues with bubbling?

Are there bags you previously didn't care for but suddenly had to have?

IngaBritt

Jul 19, 2009
Yes, I think they are adorable now! Check out the Courtney, very similar to the Luci and Francine. I would love to see them IRL though.

ozmodiar

O.G.
Feb 28, 2008
I have seen fake Francines but they looked like obvious fakes to anyone familiar with the style. Francine only came in a few colors...the 4 patent ones were mahogany, teal, winter white, and purple. The others were all metallic; the crinkly platinum metallic leather, and then later there were a few gold and dark bronze ones showing up at the outlets.

Luci was only produced in black or walnut legacy leather.

COACH ADDICT

"We're all born naked and the rest is drag" RUPAUL
O.G.
Apr 27, 2009
An ever changing life with Steady Love...
I have seen fake of both but mostly Francine this is because the Francine came in multi colors and and matierials... The Luci just came in Legacy Leather and two Color - Whiskey and Black..

The bags are mostly the same except for a few diff, such as the Francine has a shoulder strap and no back zipper and the Luci has no strap and the zipper... Now there is a large price difference the Francine is much more as a rule..

They are lovely bags and really worth having though the Legacy Leather ones are extremely heavy (this is coming from a person that has a Lindsey Shopper, Leigh and several other Legacy bags)... The Francine's that are Pnt Leather I a bit Lighter...