Singapore tPFers - Is it worth making a trip to Balenciaga in the next week or so?

Just wanted to say Hi! to my fellow Singaporeans here. I live in New York right now, so get my bags from the Bal NY cave and have to pay 8.375% sales tax instead of 7% GST!

Hee hee maybe my blue india day will have nice luscious leather too :graucho::wlae:

All this *bay stalking is no good for my wallet. I need to stay away from tPF. This makes 4 bbags in a month :sweatdrop::shame:

Mine is chevre. Would so love to get a grey WE!!! All the colors i love are past season and from 05, so i'll have to stalked ebay daily just in case they pop up.
And i'm sure your pewter and GSH Black should have thick and luscious leather! :yes:

Blue India Day :P I think the BI color suits the Day style better, I'm after a bleu glacier city I think. Do you think the colors are too similar?

I am so baffled by the whole agneau vs chevre thing - all my bags are labelled chevre. They do feel the same to me, but shopboy's violet WE felt so nice and thick compared to my bags!

I want something in violet too, maybe an envelope clutch, but haven't see any around.

Just as well!!!! My wallet says thank goodness for that! :shame:

yes, let's! i'd love to see you lilac city!!

i actually like them. alvin is really nice! if you leave your name on a WL, there's no pressure to buy. however, i never really buy from them cause the mark up is so high...

Pluiee: I'd love to do a meet up can only do one in Feb 08 when i'm back in Sg for CNY!! :sad: Let's take a raincheck till then shall we? :okay:

I've only been to the Hilton store twice i think, it just didn't appeal to me when i went in, i've called them up to be put on a waitlist but they never ever got back which was a big :tdown:.

Where do you buy your Bbags from Pluiee? I got all of mine from Cultstatus in Perth for convenience and security but am now starting to "outsource" in the states..hahaha..

oh no, i won't be home over chinese new year. i'm only back till the end of january.

oh man, that's so weird! i usually hear good things about him.. it's not like i've ever bought a bag there before either..

i usually buy all my bags from different places depending on which place has stock. if you're outside the states, i like to buy from either balenciaga paris or luisaviaroma because it's much faster and works out to be cheaper when you include all the shipping costs.

jade, bleu glacier is soo pretty!! it's like a very faint blue. maybe you can get it with the giant gold hardware to differentiate the two. there's a weekender on ebay now going for (what i think is) less than retail! also, NM had a sale on all of them, try them?

pluiee, I think one WE is enough for me :P because it is just too big now that my little boy is a little more grown up and doesn't need all the baby stuff I used to need to lug out. Alas, I *still* can't get into GGH! I don't wear gold at all either, so GGH will be hard for me to pull off.

You mean you've seen Bleu Glacier in the stores recently? I would love a brand new one - thought *bay would be the only way to go, or consignment stores! I've never bought from NM before, going to do a search on how to when I get back from court later. Ta!

Ninjaiphile, I got all my bbags from CS too, am just starting to 'outsource' like you, but only because they are not bringing in the color/hardware combo I want. Would love to fondle your bbags too when I'm in sg ;)

p/s: my ticket is booked for 25th Jan back to SG at the moment - will you still be in SG?

Hey Jade! Bleu Glacier is love with GGH but i agree with you in that GH is kinda 50/50 for me too...good luck in your quest for the prefect blue! Why not get the new 08 blues coming out?

What colour/hardware combo are you after may i ask?

I'm planning to return to SG in the beginning of February and will be there till the middle and fingers crossed that will happen and i get my new job then and can move back to SYDNEY! OMG!

You're in Melbourne i see..i'm going there for chrissie! Maybe we can do a meet up then?

Back from court - it was a walkover, yay for me, because my Bal NY package arrived just before I left the office, and I couldn't open it because I was running late.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I love my SGH black city! It is much heavier than my RH city though.

ninjaphile, I'll be in SG on and off for slightly over a month from 25th Jan. Will head to Phuket for a short holiday with my girlfriends in between. Meeting in SG is probably better for me because Christmas is usually flatout for me, plus we're going away. However, PM me the days you will be here in Melb and I'll see if we can meet up!

I'm after a bleu glacier city in RH. I reckon GGH will be too loud for me :P and I don't think bleu glacier came in SGH because that just started in the last season.

I remember vaguely CS still had a Bleu Glacier City in their stocklist when they sent it to me in September. Don't know if they still have it but wouldn't hurt to try asking!

Yes yes, i'll definitely PM you the dates i'll be in Melbourne and KIT on when i'll be back in Sg cuz it'll only be a short stopover after i get back from holidays too...;)

With the exchange rate now, I'm going to end up paying about AUD$400 more for a city from Cultstatus :sad: I didn't used to mind, but now that I finally got around to ordering direct from US, I feel the pinch buying from CS, even though they've been awesome!

That's another coin purse! :graucho:

I just checked the stocklist CS sent me a month ago, and they do have a bleu glacier city *sigh*

you've been eyeing the blue glacier too, JadeLeaves? it was the v first bbag on my wishlist. i missed it on AR by a day :crybaby: i thought i saw a first on *bay not too long ago. a lil over retail.

Hey glossie, yeah I'm after a bleu glacier city. Just wondering I should just bite the bullet, pay higher than Bal NY retail price and get it from CS *if* they still have it.

Which style were you eyeing in the Bleu Glacier?

i'd been lusting for the First style since forever but i kept putting it off for some reasons.. like, it's smallish, so for its price, it's something of a 'luxury' i can do w/o until i have the spare cash. afterall, the look of the City and Work are about similar, so's the First. further, i only want it in one of these colours: black, blue glacier (i want some pale/dusty/grey-blue colours on a small bag) or a bright one like red/orange/EB type.

i doubt the colour's available in the States already. someone was hunting high and low for this bag and it'd seemed only Oz has it.