Singapore tPFers - Is it worth making a trip to Balenciaga in the next week or so?

i'm so psyched! lol i think ti's less than 22 days!! it's like 13 now.. wooohoo ! oooh what color was it?? ;)

no worries, i'm sure we'll meet sometime! i'm moving back home in june :smile:

i know! does it belong to shopboy? :P

i think the WE is great if it's very squishy and broken in, and of course better for taller girls - girls taller than 158cm, that is :lol: i'm this tall and i think the Work's the biggest i'll go for now.

Heh~ yeah I dropped in on him and fondled his bbag ;) and made him model it for me! I forgot to fondle the bag that belonged to another tPFer - I know, very remiss of me!

His weekender is gorgeous. The leather is thick and smooshy, a lot thicker than my gray weekender. The handles were longer than mine too (I think!!)

My weekender is squishy, and collapses in a heap when empty. I don't use it much now that I don't have to lug around lots of baby stuff. I think some girls will totally rock the weekender as an everyday bag, but not me.

glossie, I've seen pictures of petite girls carrying the WE and looked absolutely stunning.

I'm 1.68m and wears flats all the time now. It's hard to run after an energetic toddler wearing heels! I only use my work for .. yes.. work now, to put my laptop in.

I'm loving the violet color, and might get a clutch in that color if I can find one. The question is - which clutch?

Ohh pluiee, i think the ones on sale at Bal SG are the aumoniere (sp??).

heh, maybe i've got no confidence to rawk the WE like those girls can... i think i won't have the strength to lug one if it's half filled :shame:

pluiee has a lovely clutch! think it's a flat clutch? i prefer it to the envelope clutch, but both are good if you can afford them :tup:

jade>> you can "extend" handles by putting heavy books/things into the weekender and hanging it off a hook while you're not using it. i've tried it on my first but i guess it takes a lot more books to fill up a weekender!! ohh i forget, is his GH?? i think GH handles are longer in general..

glossie>> hehe i know what you mean, i feel like even the work is about the right size for me! i use the city a lot and can never fill up a work so i guess maybe the weekender is out for me. :P

it's a flat clutch :smile: i think it's more functional cause it has the strap thing but the envelope clutch is really pretty! if you don't want a GH clutch, you can always go for the makeup or the pochette, which is actually one of my favorite styles! it'll be easier to find violet in the makeup though. i think RDC has one now?

ladies i need help.

i bought a balenciaga on ebay from another seller. However I received a letter from SingPost telling em to go Immigration Checkpoints and Authority to collect my item because it is being detained for assessment of taxes payable.

I would like to ask if this is normal. Do you girls have to declare taxes everytime you import a balenciaga? how much would it be?

ladies i need help.

i bought a balenciaga on ebay from another seller. However I received a letter from SingPost telling em to go Immigration Checkpoints and Authority to collect my item because it is being detained for assessment of taxes payable.

I would like to ask if this is normal. Do you girls have to declare taxes everytime you import a balenciaga? how much would it be?

yup it's normal. happened to me too. it's 7% of whatever you paid. :sad:

Since I don't use my Ink much, it's been hanging on a padded hanger with a couple of the heaviest law journals I have, hopefully the handles would have stretched a bit by now. I haven't tried that with the weekender - a little scared, because the leather on my WE seems to be a lot thinner, and I'm petrified that I'm going to TEAR it. If only there is something we can use to just stretch the handles, like the ones you use for shoes :P

shimmerbrick, yes that's normal. In Australia, I have to pay 10% gst and 3% import taxes.. actually, not too sure if I have to pay import taxes on handbags. For jewelry and diamonds I had to, and it really, really bummed me out, especially when that money could have gone to a couple more handbags!

If I am patient enough, I can get my bags sent to my best friend in Ohio, and she can bring it to SG for me towards end of Jan... hmmm...... oh well, my black city is on the way to me already! :yahoo:

How much are the clutches? I have no idea how much things cost from Bal NY - I figured if I had been paying over retail for them from CS, they can't be that bad :hrmm:

this is normal? first time i hear about this. collect from SingPost at Paya Lebar, yes, but not from ICA.

Over here we have to pay fedex before they will release the package.

I have been known to be SO impatient that I will drive to the depot to pick up my package because my package arrived on a friday and they don't deliver on wkends, and I didn't want to wait all wkend for my stuff!

I missed out on that clutch :sad: cos I was too scared to put a bid in without authenticating it.

did someone win it? wait a while more, maybe it'll be relisted ;) if it does, ask for more info on the tag, i suppose? can find out from there the season/year/colour.