Singapore tPFers - Is it worth making a trip to Balenciaga in the next week or so?

I'm 1.68m. The giant hobo is slightly bigger than the cty, and the brief is definitely bigger than the city AND hobo.

I tried the brief on my shoulders, and whilst it sat a lot better than the city, I preferred the hobo because it sat a lot better on my shoulders. I tend to carry my city with the strap, or in the crook of my arm, never by the handles on my shoulders (envy all of you skinny girls who can carry your city on your shoulders - yes pluiee ;) you with your gorgeous BG City! :P )

The clutch, and I don't even know if it's the right name for it, is sort of like an evening purse with a clasp on top, and a wrist strap. I think they had it in the bleu glacier and a rose? I didn't really pay much attention because they didn't take my fancy. They had b*gger all accessories, and I was quite disappointed because I wanted a coin purse!

I forgot - they had a jaune work too I think.

Just one thing - they don't display all their motorcycle bags, so make sure you ask them if they have others in the back ;) - I had to ask a few times before the SA "remembered" that they had a rouille day with giant hardware and the plomb hobo!

wait the giant hobo is bigger than the city? i thought it's smaller? just to confirm, the giant hobo you tried, it's more crescent shaped right? there's usually a mix-up between the giant hobo and the giant day cause before the hobo was introduced last season, the day was called a hobo.

thank you for all the info about the clutches!! i guess i'll go check it out when i'm home for christmas, if they're still around!

did you have a good trip home though? i'm jealous YOU got to go home!! it's so cold and wintry here now. :sad:

^those who haven't lived in cold countries don't understand how dismal it could get during wintertime ;) the dash to the washroom -> grrrrr! :lol: but hey pluiee you're coming back for xmas, so don't fret :biggrin:

thanks many many bunches for answering my queries, JadeLeaves :love:

indeed the hobo is larger than the city. i bookmarked a comparison pic on my home notebook.. if you look under the neutral club you should be able to see some naturel/griege bbags. i think hobo and brief aren't for me even though i imagine i'll quite like how hobo wears on me. i'm a good 10cm shorter than JadeLeaves :blush:

^those who haven't lived in cold countries don't understand how dismal it could get during wintertime ;) the dash to the washroom - grrrrr! :lol:

thanks many many bunches for answering my queries, JadeLeaves :love:

indeed the hobo is larger than the city. i bookmarked a comparison pic on my home notebook.. if you look under the neutral club you should be able to see some naturel/griege bbags. i think hobo and brief aren't for me even though i imagine i'll quite like how hobo wears on me. i'm a good 10cm shorter than JadeLeaves :blush:

wow i must have been really mistaken then. i tried on a giant hobo and thought it was too small for me! i guess the crescent shape is deceiving. that's what i like about bal bags tho! always hold more than they look. :lol: glossie, i think the hobo will be quite nice on!

yahh i'm so ready to come home to singapore!! omg, i miss chicken rice, char kway tiao, prawn mee and prata so much!! haha sorry totally OT!! mmmmm :love:

yess!! miss all the oily goodness of food at home.. hahah

yup that is the style! i guess it just feels smaller in person.

are you getting the day with GH?? the day is more rectangularish and longer while the hobo is rounder.. i think the day with RH is perfect, i have one in black and it's my all-occasion bag! it weathers well and looks better when you've broken it in. it actually loses a lot of its structure so it shrinks when worn in. yahh the day looks wonderful on fayden :smile: i'm sure it will look wonderful on you, post pictures when you get it!!

thanks again, pluiee :heart: am not a fan of GH. it does suit some styles like Day, Brief and PT perfectly, though! i was eyeing diabro's Black Day but prefer it in another colour. hoping i can get a caramel 05 type of colour. as far as black bags go, i have my sights set on another brand. but it may never be mine cos its too expensive (no its not a Chanel nor Hermes). i'll be content to just dream on, la :amuse:

Hey :smile:

Yes the Giant hobo is the crescent shaped one, not the day. I compared it to my city and I think the dimensions are bigger, but you might be able to fit more in the city due to the bottom on the city.

I just want a true shoulder bag (for me!) The city is my favorite style by far now, but I can't wear it on the shoulder by the handles.:crybaby:

Hee hee I'm still in Singapore. Was originally going to be here only for a few days, but am staying till Sat now.

Pluiee, so far I've had all the food on your list except for prawn mee. :shame: I miss the food in SG so much too, sometimes my family kids that I'm just back for the food!

glossie, the day will be perfect. I love how it slouches when it's worn, it doesn't look rectangular at all.

aki, I don't think they have any Tomato cities with RH. But I didn't really ask because I'm not into the reds. The leather on most of the bags I saw had smaller uniform distressing, the plomb had a bit more distressing. All the leather seemed quite thick, well, thicker than my 06 bags.

ooh glossie have you thought about the new sahara? but i guess it's a lot lighter than caramel.. hehe i'm still racking my brains to think about what bag you're talking about!!

jade, hehhehe, i'm just so excited to be going home soon. did you actually have any prawn mee?? in the new thread there's a picture of bubblegum with gsh and it looks gorgeous!! i think you will like it. as pretty as the bubblegum with ggh was, it was a little tooo feminine for me, KWIM? the gsh is just perfect in the hobo! will you be home again soon?

Hey :smile:

aki, I don't think they have any Tomato cities with RH. But I didn't really ask because I'm not into the reds. The leather on most of the bags I saw had smaller uniform distressing, the plomb had a bit more distressing. All the leather seemed quite thick, well, thicker than my 06 bags.

Thanks for the info Jade :yes:

ooh glossie have you thought about the new sahara? but i guess it's a lot lighter than caramel..

hi! yes, sahara looks a lil too pale for me. i prefer mastic, after looking at the comparison pics. i'm looking 'backward' at 06 colours instead of forward to 08 colours ;)

hehe i'm still racking my brains to think about what bag you're talking about!!

lol, ignore my ramblings. its only Prada and anything more expensive than Work is v expensive :sad:

Hi pluiee,

Nah, not into prawn mee :P

I'll be back again for CNY, and will probably stay for longer then. This trip wasn't planned, but I decided I couldn't miss my sister's ROM and also to meet my new niece after finally becoming an auntie.

How long will you be back for? It'll be nice to meet a fellow bbag gal and have more bbags to fondle :nuts: - my friends don't understand my bbag habit, and reckons they are 'pasar malam' bags!! Speaking of pasar malam bags, I saw so many fakies @ Far East Plaza! :yucky:

I'm so sad to have to leave on Sat :sad:

aki, no probs!

i'll actually be back for a while. from 14 december - 22 january. might be doing some traveling in the region in between but will mostly be in singapore! a meet up will be fun if you're back again :smile: funny you should say that, one of my friends just said, "seriously, how many bags do you need?!?!" lol wellll.. only you girls understand!!

glossie>> ooh yea caramel is a pretty color, you might also be able to get a really good deal on ebay since everyone is excited about the new colors and 06 generally gets neglected! orrrh okay, which one! i haven't really followed their bags in a while..

Damn, I think I'll be back towards the end of Jan or beginning of Feb.

I met 2 tPFers today, and got to fondle one bbag besides my own ;)

I bet you can't wait till you get home - 22 days to go!