Travel Singapore or Tokyo in July 2019.

I've been to both cities multiple times and recommend you consider visiting both over the 10 days. It's about a 6-7 hour flight between the two. Both have excellent shopping, restaurants/food options, excellent hotels, sightseeing, etc. I think 10 days in one would be a little long. You could split the 10 days between both.

Another recommendation if you wanted to stay in only one city for the 10 days is to take side trips to see other sites. E.g. Go to Malaysia from Singapore or take a bullet train to Kyoto or Mt. Fuji from Tokyo.

Good luck with your planning!

Reactions: Kimag
I would suggest visiting Japan over Singapore if you have ten days. There is so much to do and explore in Japan, but way less to do in Singapore where the food is good but sights aren't as interesting. The only downside is that Japan (at least Tokyo and Osaka) is unbearably hot in the summer!

Reactions: loves and Kimag
I would suggest visiting Japan over Singapore if you have ten days. There is so much to do and explore in Japan, but way less to do in Singapore where the food is good but sights aren't as interesting. The only downside is that Japan (at least Tokyo and Osaka) is unbearably hot in the summer!
Agree with Japan over Singapore for 10 days. But Singapore is also very hot in the summer months being further south and closer to the equator.

Agree with Japan over Singapore for 10 days. But Singapore is also very hot in the summer months being further south and closer to the equator.
Thanks, I'm highly familiar with Singapore's geographical location (and also its location relative to Japan). Just did a quick internet search and average temperatures for July seem similar for both countries, unless one ventures to the northern parts of Japan in which case it will be cooler. :smile:

Last month, I spent 15 days visiting Tokyo and it was great! I wish I could have stayed much longer. This was my first trip ever to Japan and I just loved being there. The weather was so nice and comfortable at that time of year too. I have never been to Singapore yet but would love to go there in the near future.

I've never been to Singapore but I'm one to take 9 or 10 day international trips a few times a year. Tokyo is ideal for me because their train stations being so efficient enables me to see and do a lot in a short amount of time.