since LV is so luxurious, how do you treat your bagS?

I am pretty careful with my LV...I do store them in their dustbags when they are not being used and I don't put my bags (any bag) on the floor in public...at home I would, though (I know what is on my floor, lol)!

in the beginning, i was "scared to death" to use it! it was raining one day, & i put my bag inside of a wal-mart bag! my husband said that i was retarded! then, i thought--i'm not going to be scared, i am going to use this bag every day! well, since i've met you guys, i am being more cautious. you have reminded me how special it is to own lv.

Welcome to PF and congrats on your first LV,

I am pretty careful with my bags but not careful enough sometime. I don't really have expensive limited edition pieces, all my bags are "you can beat up" kind of bag. My bags are mostly canvas bags,epi and some vernis..yeah I am little more careful with vernis, the rest of the bags are toughy...

hi guys! im sOOOO excited..i just order my first lv purchase, a speedy 25 from elux :yahoo: and i cant wait till it gets here...its killiing me!

i realize now that ill have a super expensive bag, :graucho: at least for a undergrad student, i need to take care of it to last. do yall put them on the ground when you go to a movie, dinner, etc? Do you store it a certain way?

i think ill treat my bag like a baby, always on my arm at the bar etc. i dont think ill put it on the floor..what do yall do? im just curious and wanting some advice! thanks ladies, yall are the ultimate experts:P !

Welcome to tPF!

I was also super excited when I got my first bag and I babied that thing like CRAZY (well...not that crazy....I threw it in the car once cuz I was mad at this guy....lol) Anyhoo, it's a good thing that I took care of it relatively well cuz it's the type of bag where you have the vachetta bottom, and now, my bag's practically spotless with a beautiful patina! As for other bags, I treat each one differently. My Trotteur (first bag) is still a very special bag to me and I still take good care of him; the bag that gets THE WORST treatment of my lil collection is my BH cuz it's my school bag and I put it on the floor all the time (except the washroom); and there's several "intermediate" bags, and right now I'm babying my new Onatah Cuir GM!!!!

I was super careful in the beginning but, now it's just whatever. Sometimes I catch my 2 year old daughter dragging them on the floor-I think it's cute.
LOL! I'm the same! I was sooo careful at the start and then when patina sets in and stuff, I fling it onto the futon or something. BF dove once when I flung it to the floor (I was throwing a moni-tantrum and was really upset). He bought that one for me so he was treating it like a baby.

I'm careful, but not obsessive about how I treat my bags. When I go to a restaurant or bar, I try to avoid putting my bag on the floor if I can, and when I go to the movies, I usually keep my bag on my lap. I NEVER put my bag on the bathroom floor (and wouldn't, even if I were carrying a 99 cent special) and rarely hang it from the back of my chair (unless I know for a fact someone can't steal it.) That said, I carry my baggy pm to work and leave it on my desk on top a pile of files, and I throw it on chairs as much as possible. I am careful about putting my other bags in their dusters when I am not using them, but for some reason, I'm not as anal about the denim bag.

Overall, I do not "throw" my bags around, however I do enjoy them so i don't treat them like they're made of glass either.
The first time I get my bags I make sure I treat the vachetta with AG Stain & Rain repellent to protect it against water spots and when the vachetta becomes dirty (which happens quite quickly with the Speedy's handles) I use the AG Leather Conditioner to clean them. I do not use AG Leather Cleaner as it darkens the vachetta somewhat.
Enjoy your bag!
HTH

Congrats......
Don't be surprised if you end up buying more LV in the days to come...
It can be quite addictive.........
As for my bags, I'm pretty much careful with them, LV or not. I don't throw them around, I keep them in dustbags, although I don't use my LV when it's raining. I don't put my bag on the floor. As for movies, it's usually on my lap.

Congratulations. Yes, I am very careful with my bag. If I am not sure about a restaurant or other setting, I will carry my epi pochette. Very rarely will I place my LV bag on the floor. I only place it on the floor if I can find an out of the way corner.

I have been doing the same thing......at work, if we are going out to lunch, I will lock up my bag, and just take my cles with me. I'd rather not put it on the floor. I am still in the "it's brand new, so I'm ridiculously anal" stage though.

I saw a lady the other day at a restaurant with one of those purse hooks, so that you can hook your bag on the table, and to be honest with you, that made me nervous too...'cos it was right where the waitress comes to the table...and I just had visions of her spilling potato soup on my Speedy!

The lady with the purse hook must not have been as concerned about her lovely white Chanel bag though.

Congrats on your bag! When I buy a new bag for the first week I'm really really careful but then I stop obssessing so much, but I still take care of it, I never just throw it around.

if it has vachetta, I always make sure my hands are clean when I hold it...I try not to put it on the ground or in direct sunlight...also I always rotate my bags and keep them in their dustbags when not in use :yes:

I NEVER put my bags on the floor. EVER. It's just disgusting to think, especially at restaurants and theatres, what's on the floor! Butter from popcorn, grease from food, eeeww! :yucky: Last night, I saw a girl with her Mono Speedy 30 on the floor at a restaurant and it seriously made me sad for the bag. Maybe, it's fake, so she just doesn't really give a damn.

I take babying to the extreme. I'm so freaked out about ruining my bags that I don't use them. When I do use them, I will take them out for a few hours but return them to their dustbag even when they're sitting on the counter. Its actually really stupid of me to do that...but I can't get into the mentality of using them. :sad:

I hope you enjoy your Speedy with :heart: though. Those bags are built to last so they can take a beating.

I'm terrible about my bags. I throw them around when I get home and sometimes I accidently smush them by sitting on them because I put it on my bed and forgot about it.

I know thats somewhat a strange philosophy towards the bags, but I guess I like the idea that a bag that is durable with a few nicks also shows that I really love my bag and is "well loved" or rather...well used.