Sinagpore TPFers..need your help on GST

quick question...i just moved some of my Hermes back to Singapore..and I'll be leaving them here for a couple of months. I'm a little concern about the humidity. Any suggestion on storing them?

oh..and don't get too excited. It's really nothing exciting...Just a classic 35 gold togo.

I'll need some lessons in level headed coolness from you. Nothing in yoga teaches me how to stop my heart from beating fast when there is a box from the delivery man on the way. And if that box is an ORANGE one....oooh lahlah.:P

quick question...i just moved some of my Hermes back to Singapore..and I'll be leaving them here for a couple of months. I'm a little concern about the humidity. Any suggestion on storing them?

robee will probably say, leave it at her house.

actually had a couple of friends who moved to SG and had the same "mould growth" problem.

are they in a room or closet you can plug a dehumidifier (electronic one) in? else a good tub size of moisture absorbers/ dehumidifier pellets will help. They come in various tubs, or sachet sizes you can easily throw one packet into each box.

robee will probably say, leave it at her house.

actually had a couple of friends who moved to SG and had the same "mould growth" problem.

are they in a room or closet you can plug a dehumidifier (electronic one) in? else a good tub size of moisture absorbers/ dehumidifier pellets will help. They come in various tubs, or sachet sizes you can easily throw one packet into each box.

OMG...now you are scaring me. should i take them back to OZ land?

eh, no. I meant that this can be avoided with proper humidity control in the storage room. Just go out to the DIY or hardware stores and buy dehumidifiers. lots of it. :smile:

in taipei and hong kong, there are shops that store winter clothes, such as fur coats and leather jackets, will this be an option in Singapore as well? I don't suppose the fur coats and nice leather jackets cost less than a birkin, so perhaps from a risk perspective, there is not much (be sure to check the liability part though of the contract!).

otherwise, yes, to prevent mould growth, i throw in a couple of dehumidifying packets as well as stuffing my bags with white towels (clean and fresh from the dryer) which will also help (otherwise, you can always get acid free tissues!)