Simpson Betrayed.....

Jessica a success? maybe maybe not. He was the bigger star when they married which is why dad wouldn't let her sign a prenup. He was Nick's manager as well so I think that was just doing his job. I believe in leave and cleave - he was too involved in their personal life. Nothing about his business savvy.

shoegal said:
Poor Jessica!?! She dumped him! I think they are both better off but for different reasons - that girl has a lot of growing up to do and if Joe would quit talking about her double D's and let her live her own life she might be okay. Nick just dodged a bullet period - her father is certainly a control freak and having him out of his life has got to be great.

I totally agree. Jess dumped him before to "see what it was like to date other people" before they were married. I think that is a sign. I don't think she was ready to get married. He was the family man. She still wants to party and needs to grow up some, to her defense though she is young and her parents do everything for her, no wonder she is out of touch with reality!

Her dad is a great businessman but I think all the marketing and trying to make money out of them did interfere with their marriage.

She filed the divorce. Here's my theory.... there were speculations that Nick cheated on her. That was all over the news. Then there were rumors of her cheating on him. It was all over the news too. I think to dodge that she filed for divorce so no one would press HER about whether she "cheated" or not. And divert the attention to the divorce, hmmmm... Who knows...

I think Nick is better off without her. I wish them both the best!

Where is Jessica now? Haven't heard much about her lately? My hubby and I were just talking yesterday that we wouldn't be surprised if she got back together with him for the attention.

We'll see.... oh, the drama!

PS. What's the comment about CaCee. I saw pics of her and him in a club but please tell me they never dated!! He couldn't stand her! Ohhh!

I tell you what, if I had a daughter that was worth millions and had the potential to make even more, I'd be her pimp daddy/mommy/whatever too! Epecially because I loved her! Who wouldn't?!?! Better for Joe Simpson to be at the reigns of his own daughter's career than someone else who could potentially take her for all she had. It happens all the time when you have people in your camp that don't have your best interests at heart.

As for Nick, he totally benefited from his marriage to Jessica and his relationship with his father-in-law. And you're right. Jessica was not much of a success before the show, but it's not like Nick was doing so great at that time either with his career. My point is that Jessica will be a success no matter what because of her father whether people like her and think she's talented or not. He's helping her build an empire. Nick on the other hand, in my opinion, will not be as big a success. Hopefully for him, he is. But I just don't see it heppening.

Actually, many child stars had their parents benefit and then leave them with almost nothing. Not saying that this is happening to Jessica because she is technically not a child, but IMO, the one person who will always have your best interests at heart is yourself. True, Joe might be better than some stranger, but I don't think he always had her best interests at heart. He was always after the money.

Also, I think Jessica was the one who benefited the most from the marriage. First, she was PUT ON the map because of Nick. Their relationship started when 98 Degrees was still hot (they met when she opened for him at one of their concerts). Then after she broke up with him, she started fading away again, which I think is partly the reason she got back together with him again - to create media attention. No one cared about her before her linkage with Nick and this started way before they got married. I also agree that this was the reason they didn't sign a prenup (because Nick was worth more than her). It is true that by the time they got married 98 Degrees was going downhill. However, they still had songs out that were pretty popular because I remember a few about Jessica. As for her, I hardly remember what songs she had out then. SHE WAS NOTHING! The show completely catapulted her to superstardom because everyone wanted to know what went on behind the scenes since they were the first "Hollywood" couple to air their lives on national TV. As time went on, her stupidity, whether real or not, made her more popular than Nick, who wasn't as entertaining.

Therefore, I don't see how Nick benefited at all. The show was the beginning of the end for him IMO.

Bag Fetish said:
Personally i think she's just drumming up the waves because her new album is coming out soon. She's been boo hoo'n since she left nick and realized is a big Oops.

It's sour grapes. She's just trying to drum up publicity in the form of Denise/Heather! I doubt anyone is gonna care about this! Jessica is so yesterday! LOL

THANK YOU!!!

I'll take Nick!!! :lol:

I always hoped those 2 would get together and stay that way...I remember thinking that before they broke up the first time, and I remember thinking that after they got married.

I think Jess's dad might have been a little controlling and kinda put Jess in the public eye vs. Nick, b/c Nick had a solo album before, and that flopped. He could have used the show to promote that, and he didn't. He focused on Jess, and who wouldn't promote their own kid? I deff. think she's dumbed herself up for the public eye, I think she's really smart, but dad doesn't think it's a good time to show that yet. I wish them both the best, I don't think they should give it a 3rd shot, I think they should move on.

I was never a big fan of either one, but I do have to say that "What's Left of Me" struck a nerve with me on how soulful that man could be. Personally, I think she made a mistake in divorcing him, but who knows what really went on in closed doors. As far as his looks, he's a good looking man.

Bag Fetish said:
Personally i think she's just drumming up the waves because her new album is coming out soon. She's been boo hoo'n since she left nick and realized is a big Oops.

It's sour grapes. She's just trying to drum up publicity in the form of Denise/Heather! I doubt anyone is gonna care about this! Jessica is so yesterday! LOL

I don't believe this story is all that true. First thing popped in my head was Denise/Heather too. This is so overrated when celebs try to drum up press on themselves for their upcoming projects that really suck. Then two months from now she'll want it to go away. :rolleyes: I've met her and the show was just that a show she's not as OFF as she ACTS to be. Jessica is very smart and so is daddy the play-play minister they know what they are doing.:yes:

Jessica was nobody before the newlyweds show. Without Nick, there wouldn't be newlywed and she wouldn't be where she is right now. And that means Ashlee simpson who's riding on her big sis's popularity wouldn't be where she's right now either.

Nick was def a bigger star and bringing more $$$ when they got together. That's the reason why she didn't want to sign a prenup. Maybe becuz she at that time had no idea that she would be a bigger star and make more money than Nick.

I had never heard of any Jessica's songs before the newlywed and even after the newlywed, Jess is mostly famous for being a dumb blonde and her partying. Not for her talents. Her songs never have much airplays. Even Ashlee is doing alot better than big sis when it comes to selling albums. And what about that Dukes of Hazzard thing? It didn't do that well either in the box office.

Jessica loves publicity, everything she does including auctioning off her wedding ring is just to drum up more publicity for her that seems to be fading away after she divorced Nick. I read on Yahoo few mths back that Jessica is losing her luster since searches on her was dropped more than 50%. On the other hand, Nick is getting more buzzed now that he's single again and has a hit single.

Good for Nick.

Personally, I don't like Nick either. Starting back when he was still in 98 Degrees, he just gave me the "ew" feeling for some reason. Don't think he's cute.

HOWEVER, if I were in her position and saw one of my friends get with him, I'd be upset too...especially if I had confided in her and she told me to leave him.

Do I think it's for publicity?...Maybe.