Simples VS New Simples

Which simple do you like best?

• I like the 'old' simple best

• I like the new simple best

• I'm not a simple fan

Results are only viewable after voting.

michelle4444

Dec 28, 2009
Does anybody have the Simples and the NEW Simples? I should be receiving my Simples anyday now, but I have been browsing through here, and am wondering if I should have bought the New Simples with the small platform. Are they as comfortable as the other?

FYI the poll here belongs to WOODY. I merged her thread into this one. – JSG!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, they are comfortable for high-heeled shoes. I have both, and I have noticed the slight platform on the New Simples (I have the 120 mm) is easier on the ball of my feet though.

Like flashy.stems, let us know what heel height you bought, because I have the Simples in 70 mm and super comfy, and have tried the 85 mm, and they are quite comfy too.

I bought the Simples 100mm. I have tried searching for a picture of the back of the shoe to see how tall they actually are. I know someone said appox 4 inches... but now I am wondering if I should have bought the NEW Simples with the platform.. just for a little extra lift :smile: The Simples I ordered are in black. And if I ordered the NEW Simples I'd want them in black as well. These are my first pair, so I want them to be something I can wear with everything.

So, I believe the New Simples with the platform are 120 mm, or you can get the 100mm Simples, and the arch on the heel would be the same feel. Please other tpf-ers correct me if I am wrong.

Honestly, the platform on the New Simples is so small, that it will never go out of style, so if you didn't get the Simples on sale, and don't mind spending an extra $100 or so dollars, I'd say return them and get the New Simples, if you are looking for a little extra height.

I don't have the Simples in the 100 mm, or else I'd post a comparison picture for you.

I have done a search on 'new simple' and nothing came up? :shrugs:

I recently realised I can buy two pairs of shoes and with black patent VP's a def I was turning my mind to the simples :thinking:. So the new simple seems to have a small 2cm platform and are 12cm in height compared to the 'old simple' at 10cm and no platform.

I know I read somewhere that someone said they preferred the 'old simple'. Has this been discussed already in the 'new styles' discussion thread? Sorry if it is a bit old/late :blush:.

Anyhow, I'd love to hear people's opinions about which they like better and is the new simple really not different enough to get a new style name? :confused1:

Last edited:
I like the simple pumps the best why because they are my every day comfy shoe . I know most of the girl say they are the same but not for me the extra hight is too high for me . In my new simples i have to think where i put my feet so for me simple pumps if youre looking for every day and comfy shoes .

I like the simple pumps the best why because they are my every day comfy shoe . I know most of the girl say they are the same but not for me the extra hight is too high for me . In my new simples i have to think where i put my feet so for me simple pumps if youre looking for every day and comfy shoes .

ITA, I can not do pain anymore :crybaby:...it was actually the sale of my fetichas that gave me the extra $$ :yes:

The new simples dont hurt on my feet . Its more the hight i cant walk in them whitout thinking where i put my feet im very afraid of falling in them they are more my sit and stand shoes . My bad english i find all the words but i dont know where to put them ;)

Your english is much better then my dutch/french/german ;) You are doing great :hugs: I understand what you mean - so its not so much about pain, but more about stability :yes:

I strongly prefer the classic Simple style. I've posted this before (it's possible you were even referring to my post!), but to me, the exposed platform on the New Simple looks clunky, whereas the classic Simple 75/100 looks sleek and elegant.

I'm biased, because of the classic CL styles the Simple is my favorite. But it also fits me better than the NS, which I don't find nearly as comfortable -- I slip out of them, for some reason, whereas classic Simples fit me like a glove. Go figure!