Simple question about the Borough Bag

Sep 17, 2013
From the FOS sale, I purchased my first Borough. It arrived today… it's gorgeously teal… and I am loving it as much as I'd hoped to.

I'm wondering about this little stitch that seems to unite the two halves of the bag. It holds the side in a nice origami - like shape. Or does it? I'm wondering if it should remain, or should I cut it? Is it like the stitch that holds the vent closed in the back of a coat until you purchase it or is it meant to be there forever? I hope I am making this clear… below is a photo of the little stitch. Help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 509
Whew! Thanks so much. I also have a Tod's bag with that same stitch. The colorful duo is shown below. Thank the lord that I didn't impulsively go ahead and cut them open believing it was the thing to do. Thanks again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 502
Yes, good thing you didn't cut it because on the Borough, it looks like the end of the zipper would be exposed if you cut that stitch. It appears to be there by design.

From the FOS sale, I purchased my first Borough. It arrived today… it's gorgeously teal… and I am loving it as much as I'd hoped to.

I'm wondering about this little stitch that seems to unite the two halves of the bag. It holds the side in a nice origami - like shape. Or does it? I'm wondering if it should remain, or should I cut it? Is it like the stitch that holds the vent closed in the back of a coat until you purchase it or is it meant to be there forever? I hope I am making this clear… below is a photo of the little stitch. Help!

Yes, please do not cut it. It is part of the design for all Boroughs. My Mini has it too.