SIMONE LEGNO @ Comic-Con 2007!

Here's my daughter nikki getting her Ugly Doll "Peaco" signed when she won it! She got the first release!

Leen: Wow...congrats..I have never won anything in my life..well only once , an akoya Pearl that i won while I was in Japan.(the SA was demonstrating how they take out a pearl out of the oyster and an audience wouldwin it)

Anywa, did you get a raffle ticket to win the doll ?

wawahki - i'm originally from racine, wi! have moved around a little bit but am now living in pleasant prairie. do they still have a comic-con in chicago? i just drove downtown chicago today....crazy busy!

Thanks Leen, I've never been to one, and I'm a manga/anime nut too! Karate always got in the way. But next one I'll be sure to go. Is there a TD booth in the NY one?

Here's my daughter nikki getting her Ugly Doll "Peaco" signed when she won it! She got the first release!

Leen: Wow...congrats..I have never won anything in my life..well only once , an akoya Pearl that i won while I was in Japan.(the SA was demonstrating how they take out a pearl out of the oyster and an audience wouldwin it)

Anyway, did you get a raffle ticket to win the doll ?

Yep. They were raffling a couple 2 foot dolls and a bunch of 1 footers on the weekends and on the last day she got her ticket pulled. It's funny cause what you do is fill your name on a card and put it in a box. There's was no limit, so i know she filled out a bunch of cards!

Attachments

• DSC02888.JPG
    DSC02888.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 27
I kno a lot of people go to SDCC because it's the biggest and you have people coming from all over hence the international in the title... if he's there wednesday night I'm wearing my scuola and having him sign all my stuff :heart: that'd be awesome!

oh and I really think comic-con got crowded because of the anime/manga explosion recently... a lot of people new to the stuff are getting into it :sad: they made tokyopop bad! all tokyopop is concerned w/ is sales now so it's killing well liked manga by people who've been reading for a while

I kno a lot of people go to SDCC because it's the biggest and you have people coming from all over hence the international in the title... if he's there wednesday night I'm wearing my scuola and having him sign all my stuff :heart: that'd be awesome!

oh and I really think comic-con got crowded because of the anime/manga explosion recently... a lot of people new to the stuff are getting into it :sad: they made tokyopop bad! all tokyopop is concerned w/ is sales now so it's killing well liked manga by people who've been reading for a while

hey i remember when the Tokyopop booth was so fun to go to and hang out..they used to give away books left and right..then it got chaotic the year before..so last year they didn't do anything! It was so boring at their booth. They didn't even have the large Tokyopop souvenier bags!

Did you get a Viz bag? Wonder what color it'll be this year? 04 red, 05 blue, 06 green, 07 ?

hey i remember when the Tokyopop booth was so fun to go to and hang out..they used to give away books left and right..then it got chaotic the year before..so last year they didn't do anything! It was so boring at their booth. They didn't even have the large Tokyopop souvenier bags!

Did you get a Viz bag? Wonder what color it'll be this year? 04 red, 05 blue, 06 green, 07 ?

haha of course... in '05 the viz people kind of laughed at me and found me amusing... I'd get in line and get the bag and keep on doing it if the line was short... at the end of the day they'd try to get rid of all the ones they have for that day so i got tons!! :yahoo:I have 1 red but tons of blue and green I wonder what color it will be also... I'll find out a few weeks ahead because of anime expo and they usually have the same stuff... I'm going to be soooo poor at the end of summer :sweatdrop:

Has anyone gone to a Simone appearance with a TON of bags to be signed? Or do people just get 1-2 signed, then get back in line for another batch? I can imagine walking up there with an overstuffed campeggio -- and pulling like 10 more bags out of it :nuts:

Also, people who have taken their kids there -- is there a lot for kids to do? Is there much Pokemon there? My 9 yr old son is big into Pokemon and I'm thinking of taking him -- at least that way I can justify it to my husband without admitting that I'm just going there to get a dozen handbags signed and buy a ton more toki stuff, LOL! :greengrin:

they have lotsa pokemon stuff. the nintendo booth is huge most of the time. They also have wizards of the coast, dc comics, etc. Lots of activities, giveaways, and things to look at. Not to mention tons of things to buy! an awesome experience and I'm sure your son would love it! plus they give away things especially to the kids (kind of sucks for the older people tho) especially at the nintendo booth. Oh they also have disney, nintendo, and cartoon network w/ the voices of characters come. I have a poster signed by the voice of spongbob and plankton :smile: and other ppl too

Agree with Tehlilone! It's geared towards kids and adults.. all the major vendors and big names.. Bandai, Star Wars, Sci Fi, Disney, Cartoon Network etc.. that's why the kids go, for all the freebies. When you buy an adult ticket, kids are free!

Eejit, i can share my kodak gallery photos of our comic con pix. You'll see why we go each year! Just PM me!