Simon Cowell

He definitely knows what he's talking about but often comes off as very pompous and arrogant. Sometimes he overdoes it when he does things like pick on people's looks or "ugly faces" they make when they sing.

Lookswise, hm, he looks better sitting down. He has VERY short legs but a long torso.

I really like him - I think down deep he probably has a big heart and I think his on the cuff comments are hysterical. He is very sharp witted. And I love the chemistry (or lack thereof lol) with Paula!
Yes i agree with you I think he has a big heart but noone has opened it up yet (could it be me :yahoo: ?) Maybe it's the psychologist training that I have but his body language is so closed at times. I notice when he is hugging his proteges that it is not warm at all.

I think he's hilarious. He's mean sometimes, but without him, AI wouldn't be half as successful as it is. People watch that show to hear what Simon's going to say next. Some of those people auditioning really need someone to give them a bit of a reality check too. He's also quite good at predicting who will be successful in the long run. He was right about Kelly, and although Taylor won AI, he's not as sucessful as some of the other contestants.

I like him for his brutal honesty - some of those delusional ppl who try out for AI need that kick to the behind. He can pick 'em and he knows his stuff and he isn't avobe saying that he was wrong.
I love his bickering with Paula.
I bet he's a softie though with a gruff-man attitude to keep everyone away.
I hate his weird T's with his man-boobs and nippies poking through, in that regard he needs someone to give it to him good.

I like him for his brutal honesty - some of those delusional ppl who try out for AI need that kick to the behind. He can pick 'em and he knows his stuff and he isn't avobe saying that he was wrong.
I love his bickering with Paula.
I bet he's a softie though with a gruff-man attitude to keep everyone away.
I hate his weird T's with his man-boobs and nippies poking through, in that regard he needs someone to give it to him good.

ITA with everything you said!

Another thought...most times when people audition for parts in plays, dances, bands, whatever, the judges are blunt and curt. (Or so I've been told by my friends in the dance-world.) So I think the AI judges probably turn up the volume on their critiques, so to speak, so that we are entertained even more. And, no one does it better than Simon Cowell!:yahoo:

ITA with everything you said!

Another thought...most times when people audition for parts in plays, dances, bands, whatever, the judges are blunt and curt. (Or so I've been told by my friends in the dance-world.) So I think the AI judges probably turn up the volume on their critiques, so to speak, so that we are entertained even more. And, no one does it better than Simon Cowell!:yahoo:
Agreed :yahoo:

Well, I found out recently that American Idol actually has 3 auditions and cuts before you actually see the Simon, Paula and Randy team. One of the young girls I work with is studying opera with a local teacher in Philly.
She told me one of her friends from college tried out and was quite good, but got cut, in lieu of some of the zany horrible performances we see in the initial part of American Idol. Which to me means they want a TV show in which they have enough talent to have some competition, but enough lunatics to make fun of.
It made me a little disappointed that they pick people to make fun of just for ratings, but that is TV I guess.
In sum, I think the guy knows how to make a TV show, but sometimes when he makes fun of people, particularly with those 2 guys from Seattle, I think he is a little harsh.