Silver Mirror Pliage

Ryan

O.G.
Feb 8, 2006
I’ve seen some photos of a shiny silver (mirror finish, really) Pliage floating around the internet recently, but I can’t find it on the site. Does anyone have any intel?

thank you!

Maybe you should call your boutique and see where the stock is since it’s not on the website but yet it’s current season. Good luck!! It’s out there somewhere like how I stumbled across it in the boutique recently

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Maybe you should call your boutique and see where the stock is since it’s not on the website but yet it’s current season. Good luck!! It’s out there somewhere like how I stumbled across it in the boutique recently
It’s on the USA website! See my link above? I think...it’s the same one?

It’s on the USA website! See my link above? I think...it’s the same one?

Don’t think it’s the same. Both say that they are made of canvas in those pages above while I think this Cuir should be made of leather. The mirror finish on the travel size in the link above also doesn’t come across. Plus, it’s a Fall Winter 2020 bag but those pages above say Spring Summer 2021. That’s why I’m suggesting to call the boutique as I have doubts about whether those links above are for the same line. That’s all

Reactions: viewwing
Don’t think it’s the same. Both say that they are made of canvas in those pages above while I think this Cuir should be made of leather. The mirror finish on the travel size in the link above also doesn’t come across. Plus, it’s a Fall Winter 2020 bag but those pages above say Spring Summer 2021. That’s why I’m suggesting to call the boutique as I have doubts about whether those links above are for the same line. That’s all
So confusing! :shocked::yes: N totally weird...there’s two silver mirror finish in two consecutive seasons?

I think you’re talking about this one? It’s from the current Fall Winter collection. Here’s a picture I took at my boutique in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, in late September 2020

View attachment 4869427
Yes, that’s the one! I think I saw it in Longchamp’s Instagram at a preview months ago and have been curious about it ever since. i think it’s such a fun twist on a classic bag. The hunt continues!

Reactions: SmokieDragon
Hmm... I just thought of something else. Their exclusive press event for ss2021 was only held yesterday where the brioch n filet bags were showcased. These are the first two bags to be seen for ss2021, so how can they be selling spring summer 2021 Silver canvas Bags on the website already? It’s way too early.i think it’s a mistake. @Ryan why don’t you find out if the urls i posted above n the opic @SmokieDragon posted are the same bags? I’m so confused! :confused1:

Hmm... I just thought of something else. Their exclusive press event for ss2021 was only held yesterday where the brioch n filet bags were showcased. These are the first two bags to be seen for ss2021, so how can they be selling spring summer 2021 Silver canvas Bags on the website already? It’s way too early.i think it’s a mistake. @Ryan why don’t you find out if the urls i posted above n the opic @SmokieDragon posted are the same bags? I’m so confused! :confused1:
The ones you posted are definitely not the same (but thank you for looking!). Yours look metallic, the one I’m looking for is mirror. Like actually reflective, not just shiny.

Ok I’ve been avoiding stepping in here but here’s the deal.

This bag was originally part of the FW20 line. Here is a pic I posted back in February from the FW20 runway show in New York, if anyone bothered to look.
2108C480-ACDD-4A24-8C43-422B38F55CD5.jpeg

However because of COVID production delays and related factory closures, it appears that Longchamp decided to delay release of some fall bags until the spring line, including this one. This silver mirror bag was included in a pic package from instagram two days ago showing the SS21 line:
C85330D8-8486-4623-A3EC-A13ED28D537D.jpeg

The ones you posted are definitely not the same (but thank you for looking!). Yours look metallic, the one I’m looking for is mirror. Like actually reflective, not just shiny.
Hmm...from what @Cosmopolitan said, I think the ones I posted might actually be it! That explains why it’s labeled ss21. There are no other silver metallic or mirror finish bags from LC during this period.

Reactions: Ryan
So these two bags are the same? They really couldn’t look more different to my eye! Plus the one in the Longchamp site is called “metallic canvas,” which is not the material I would imagine.

822E6775-DB6F-4DED-ACDC-4916E70BA50E.jpeg

233A5FF7-10BB-4D8D-86B4-68D3547AB081.jpeg

Ok I’ve been avoiding stepping in here but here’s the deal.

This bag was originally part of the FW20 line. Here is a pic I posted back in February from the FW20 runway show in New York, if anyone bothered to look.
View attachment 4871417

However because of COVID production delays and related factory closures, it appears that Longchamp decided to delay release of some fall bags until the spring line, including this one. This silver mirror bag was included in a pic package from instagram two days ago showing the SS21 line:
View attachment 4871418

I bothered to look again a couple of days ago and found myself ogling again at the pictures you posted earlier. I found your picture but then decided to post my own boutique picture which proves that the bag is out there in some boutiques now. All your pictures are always appreciated by me and serve as good reference / drool-worthy material then and now :biggrin: