Silver Hardware but Gold Zippers on my new MA??

Grace123

Hopelessly Obsessed
O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I got my new Concord/purple MA and it has silver hardware but the exterior zippers are gold. Is this the norm for RM bags??

I would certainly hope that they'd match zippers to hardware??? :confused1: I'm pretty disappointed in this overlooked detail. :sad: Or is mine a fluke?

Wow, I've never heard of silver HW with gold zippers before.

I thought the Concord/ Purple Patent MA has light gold hardware. Perhaps the light gold is so light in color that it looks silver against the brass-like zippers... Just a thought. What do you think?

Is that what it is? I thought for sure it was silver, there's such a marked difference in the color of the hardware v. the zippers. Maybe I'll look again in the daylight and see if it's really a light gold.

Maybe I'm wiggin' over nuttin! LOL

I hope you are just blind Grace...LOL Or that is some major Faux Pas! Alot of sites don't say what color the hardware is and I'd like to know before I buy. Does the hardware on the side look light gold?

I thought the new hardware was only available in gold?!?
In a lot of photos, it looks really light - almost looks like silver, but from other angles you can see a definite gold tone - maybe it's a lighting issue?

i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me too, on my Iris / Purple Lizard MAM. i think it's just that the hardware is such a LIGHT gold that it sometimes appears silver in certain lighting. if you take a photo of it, it'll probably look gold. HTH?

Ok you guys are right, I think the hardware IS a light gold rather than silver. I don't get the logic of doing this however. Why not have the zipper match the hardware perfectly? And to me, this color just cries out for silver, not gold.

This is just one of those picky little details I look at when buying a bag in this price range. I really would expect RM to pay more attention to these details for we anal types, aka, me. :yes::yes: