Silver & Gold? What do you Think?

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I stopped at the Rack on my home from work this evening and was just browsing around. I checked out the MJ watches, hoping to find a bracelet watch (I did not!). I did see something else I liked, and it was the only one like it.

It was a Dice/Watch Key Chain/Purse Charm. I thought it was so cute and really wanted to get it to hang from my purses. The thing that held me back is the fact that this is silver, while most of my bags have gold hardware. I was carrying my Hudson with me, and tried it on my bag -- it didn't look TOO bad, but it did sorta "clash" a little.

What do you guys think? Do you think it's too much of a clash to hang a silver charm from a bag with gold hardware, or do you think it wouldn't matter (as long as its cute, which it definitely is!:tup:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2671_1.JPG
    2671_1.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 200
I love the charm, but I don't think I would like it with gold handbag hardware. That's just me, though. If they had this in gold, I think it would be fab on all gold hardware bags. For silver hardware, this one would be great. I really like it. I would definitely wear that on my bags.

^^Yeah, I tend to agree. If it didn't have so much silver, it might be okay. But that chain is pretty long and the clasp is substantial. I think it would clash too much on a bag with gold hardware.

Yea, that's what I thought. If it were just a little bit less (it was $64), I'd get it just for my bags with silver hardware, but since I only have two of them (my DayDream Stam and BB Bag), I don't want to spend that much and not really use it (I wouldn't hang it from the BB bag anyhow, since it already has a lock & key fob). It's so darned cute though -- I really like it A LOT!

(I wonder if they made them in gold?)

Did they make this in gold? If not, they should have. It would look great and super convenient. I don't usually wear a watch and I am always having to pull out my cell phone to find the time. This would be perfect.

Did they make this in gold? If not, they should have. It would look great and super convenient. I don't usually wear a watch and I am always having to pull out my cell phone to find the time. This would be perfect.
I don't know if they made them in gold or not -- this was the only one they had. That's exactly why I wanted it too!! I do the same thing -- I dig thru my bag to pull out my phone. Having this hang from the end would be perfect (while looking cute!)
It is darling! I hope you can find one in gold. I'll probably be going to my Nordstrom Rack this week. If I see one, I'll let you know!:yes:
Oh thanks Cheryl!! Definitely let me know if you see one in gold!

im late to chime in but i say gold too. i actually am finding i prefer gold HW to silver: something i never thought i would say

I find that I usually prefer gold hardware, too. I still like silver on some designs, though.

The funny thing is that I distinctly remember, quite awhile back, that there was a thread going on here and so many people were totally against gold hardware. It was all about the nickel. Now, it seems like most have gotten used to the gold and, in fact, are starting to prefer it.

im late to chime in but i say gold too. i actually am finding i prefer gold HW to silver: something i never thought i would say

i never thought i'd say it too, but i crossed that threshold years ago. i don't love polished nickel anymore. the other silvers mj has come out with: gunmetal, tarnished, brushed are awesome though.

wait for the gold ilmb. if it never came in gold then you could always find another charm that did. mbmj releases a ton of these every season.

I agree. The gold hardware, to me, stands out more than silver or other colors. So once you've got that going on, you probably don't want to try to add silver. I tried for a long time to stay away from gold hardware because I sometimes wear silver jewelry. The silver jewelry I have is pretty substantial (large bracelets, earrings, etc.) so I kind of think it clashes with shiny gold hardware on a bag. But eventually I found I just had to buy a couple of bags with gold hardware.

Now my Blake is probably my favorite bag (dark plum with gold hardware).
Oh well, I haven't been wearing my silver much lately; guess I'll just deal with it.

All of my real jewelry that I wear on a daily basis is either platinum/diamonds or white gold/diamonds and I have no problem wearing handbags with gold hardware with it. It is not costume, so I can't just change it out. I have never really considered it bad form to wear different color jewelry. If I wear costume, then I might add a gold toned necklace or bracelet to my outfit if I am wearing gold hardware, but I don't think about it much.