Silver for Grown-ups

Sugardragon

Oct 23, 2012
I mentioned in another thread that after decades of only buying gold I developed a craving for silver. Rummaging through the jewelry box I realized that I only had silver jewelry fit for a teenager because I hadn't purchased any since I was a teenager. After disposing of all the unicorns, fairies, and twee little hearts to a young niece I went on the hunt for silver for grown-up ladies. Here are my first few choices: a David Tishbi sterling and 14kt spinner ring (so much fun to play with); a Pyrrah amulet "Protection." And just for fun an authentic BBC Doctor Who Tardis key for the 50th. No one has yet recognized it so it's my secret bit of geekery. Anyone else want to share their silver for adults?

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 360

vannarene

Feb 6, 2013
I mentioned in another thread that after decades of only buying gold I developed a craving for silver. Rummaging through the jewelry box I realized that I only had silver jewelry fit for a teenager because I hadn't purchased any since I was a teenager. After disposing of all the unicorns, fairies, and twee little hearts to a young niece I went on the hunt for silver for grown-up ladies. Here are my first few choices: a David Tishbi sterling and 14kt spinner ring (so much fun to play with); a Pyrrah amulet "Protection." And just for fun an authentic BBC Doctor Who Tardis key for the 50th. No one has yet recognized it so it's my secret bit of geekery. Anyone else want to share their silver for adults?

LOVE the ring and tardis key! Where did you get the key?? I would love one!

Sugardragon

Oct 23, 2012
The key came from Harlequin Goldsmiths in London. They were picked by the BBC to do the official 50th anniversary items. Unfortunately/fortunately Doctor Who fans were much more enthusiastic than they realized and they got so far behind on orders that they pulled the web page back in July. It took from May to August for me to get my items (yes items, I also have a Tardis pendant I didn't photograph). Their Facebook page is still up if you want to keep an eye on when they reopen. I have seen unofficial replicas around but they probably aren't the super quality of the ones from Harlequin.

Sugardragon

Oct 23, 2012
This is the artist's webpage http://www.davidtishbi.com/default.asp Put spinner in the search bar and it will come up with this ring and a bunch of others. I love the three-color spinner but it was wider than what I was looking for right now. Maybe later. (who am I kidding, no maybe about it. :lol:) There is a matching pendant that I'm drooling on. I play with my jewelry so jewelry designed to be played with is just catnip.