Silver and Brass.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NORDSTROM WINTER SALE Up to 40% off until February 23rd! Free shipping and free returns! Shop The Sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Do you ladies have to match your brass/gold purse, well the hardware of the bag to your jewelry. I only where silver or white gold but I want the Carly, the hardware alone does not bother me, but I am thinking is that weird or am I over thinking it? TIA.:tup:

2. I only wear silver and white gold jewelry and pretty much all of my bags have brass hardware. I personally don't think it matters.

3. Agreed. All of my jewelry is white gold, but alot of my bags have brass hardware.

I am picky about the hardware on a charm or fob matching the hardware on the bag, though.

4. I mix my jewelry and the hardware on my bags/accessories... I dont think it matters

5. No...doesn't matter.

6. I don't think it matters either. All that should matter is whether you like the bag or not. :smile:

7. At first I was I didnt like that the purses were brass and I only wear silver and white gold. However, I have gotten over it and it is no big deal now.

8. Me too!

9. Thank you ladies ... I am on my way to the coach store... to buy it.. I am so excited.

10. ITA about the hardware on a charm or fob having to match the hardware of my bag.
    As far as jewelry goes, i don't think it matters.

11. i'm one of of those crazy ladies that likes to match hardware head to toe... but most Coach bags only come with brass hardware ..boo.

I usually let it go. My soho flap bag does have silver hardware which is why I love it.

I'm not a fan of black leather with brass hardware... but not much I can do about that :shrugs:

12. I worried about that at first until I noticed 80% of my charms/keyfobs are silver and all my bags have brass. I wear yellow gold jewelry more often since I prefer it over my silver. I mix it all up now and just don't care anymore. It doesn't matter.

13. This used to really bother me a lot, and still does to some extent. This is one reason I don't care as much for bags like the platinum Carly, because I don't like to mix the silver and gold tones. However, most of my bags have brass hardware. While I can change most of my jewelry, almost all of my watches are silver or gold..and my rings are platinum, so there's not much I can do about it. Thus, I'm now mostly at the point where I don't care so much anymore.

14. I don't think it matters... I don't even notice it on other people but it drives me nuts if I mix on my own body/accessories haha! When I wear a bag with brass hardware I tend to wear beaded jewelry or just gold hoops because I own mostly silver jewelry. I just try to buy most of my bags with nickel hardware but that has been impossible on some of the bags I love!

15. Ditto!