Silly To Duplicate In Same Style But Larger Size (i.e. Speedy Question)!

jchiara

is really in love...
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Me again. The nut with the Speedy problems. Okay, so I settled on my 30. I wore her out today. She's adorable. I'm probably one of the few that like the sag - and it really does change the look of the bag ENTIRELY when you let it sag. She's the perfect size really....but I had an obsession about the 35 Mono a bit back and I keep thinking about her.

I had decided 'okay I'm going to be dunce and just get the 35 mono as well.' I'm sure I'd find something to use her for - when I take the kids out (although I'm kinda past the point of carrying extra clothes and bottles, diapers and whatnot) or when we run down to San Diego..... And I'm all set financially to get it (a la 'getting it before the next price increase...').....

I was just wondering - (and don't throw eggs at me), I'm not a big fan of the damier canvas and I'm just a Speedy girl - is it really silly to have the same Mono Speedy in different sizes? Do any of you do that? Maybe have a couple of the same styles but just in different sizes? I HAVE THE MONO SPEEDY IN A 25 AND A 30 SO FAR. Oh my gosh - now a 35???? I can't help myself!!!!

DH thinks I'm being silly....my best friend knows that I'm lamenting whatever size I DON'T have so the only way I'm going to get over this indecision is to have both. Dumb???????:sad:

I would get a 25 and 35 in mono and something else in a 30, but I know that's not the choice here. If you would really use it, then get the 35 too, just make sure you have enough occasions to actually wear all the sizes!

No, it is not dumb. I just ordered this bag yesterday to beat the increase. It is still an excellent price for a designer bag. I think the 35 is a great size! Get it! You will regret it when the price goes up.

It seems just a tad silly to me. There isn't much differance between all three. I say get something else. If it hasn't spoken to you yet wait it out because sure as you're standing there one will. The price increase (if there really is one won't be like the one in Febraury--very unlikely anyway) I've made these mistakes before and always ended up thinking "Why didn't I get another style" Because sooner or later you'll get just a bit tired of a speedy. Maybe go for a tote or shoulder bag of some sort. A loaded 35 will be rather heavy.

Personally I would not get the same style in two sizes, but when buying another size go for a different pattern. If you do not like Damier - how about the Mini Lin? Maybe that's an option for you? If you like Monogramm more and definetely would use both sizes - why not - go for it.

Well, I don't know if I would personally own all three Mono Speedy sizes.....but having said that, I can tell you the ONE speedy I do own is a Mono 35. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE her. I like bigger bags in general and I think the 35 is the best size for those of us who do like big bags. If you do get the 35 to round out your Speedy collection, you will have to keep us posted on which one you actually end up using the most!