Silly question regarding Vernis...(apologies in advance for rambling)

Minty Candies

Jul 13, 2011
Melbourne
So I am the proud owner of a few Vernis pieces already and today added a Pomme d'Amour 4 key holder to the collection. Upon returning home, I naturally immediately attached my keys to my new SLG and placed it inside my bag with my Pomme ZCP. Suddenly I realized that the embossing on the key holder was much deeper than the ZCP, and the colour of the key holder also appeared darker, richer and more "intense" than the ZCP. Now I love my ZCP all the same, but I am slightly annoyed to find that two of my Pomme pieces, which are both Made In France, inconsistent in colour and embossing. This was not the case when i was choosing between the Pomme Zippy and ZCP in store, they were definitely "identical". So my question is "Is this normal?!"

ValenTina xxo

louboutin love <3
Dec 3, 2011
Canada
Sounds normal to me, but annoying of course. I was going to buy one of those little coin purse hearts to hang off my Alma awhile ago (sorry not sure of the actual name) and the difference in colour acually made me decide not to. I wish I would have bought it though, I don't think it's a big deal!

NWGal

May 25, 2012
Oregon
It's normal, just like there is variation in the color of DE and mono canvas. It's similar to purchasing yarn, when buying you have to look for ones from the same die lot in order to get a consistent color. If not, then there could be variation.

I think it's safe to assume that no one would notice the difference between the two unless you had someone inspecting your items closely and comparing them. Enjoy them, they are beautiful pieces!

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
Yes, it's normal. There are varying 'depths' of the imprinting of the monogram on the patent leather, and probably slightly different shades too, just as LV's canvas can look different from one piece to another. Nothing to worry about!

Minty Candies

Jul 13, 2011
Melbourne
Oh good! I was so worried my ZCP was a "bad apple" :P but after repeatedly comparing them side by side I've decided that both are equally beautiful and make me smile!

Thanks for all the replies!