Silly Q - outfit/bag ensemble

1. This probably comes across as a silly question but I have to ask anyway.

Let's say you knew beforehand that you have a dinner/official function to attend after work. Quite naturally, most women would dress in something versatile or in layers which you can transform to a more appropriate evening outfit, instead of appearing in a business suit. Who actually brings a completely new outfit to change into after work?

What about your bag? Would you bring one that can transcend from day to night, or do you bring a different bag for the evenig/night?

It'll be interesting to hear how different people do things.

2. I'd bring one that goes from day to night. This is why I love black box, it works for both occasions.

3. Agreed! I love the Elan but a small Black Box Kelly goes from the office to a schmancy dinner or cocktails with the girls afterward without a problem whatsoever!

4. I don't change into a new outfit, I just add a nice pair of earrings and a kelly bag really works from day to evening!

5. No new outfit for me, either. Just fresh make-up, maybe nicer jewlrey, flats to heels (maybe) and that would be it.

6. I'll wear a skimpy top under a jacket !
    Either that or its a nice dress under the jacket.

Throw in a kelly.
    And viola, when nite falls, off goes the jacket, let down my hair and I'm ready to party :wlae:

7. I usually bring a pair of stilettos/tall heels to change into and a separate bag. My work bags are too big, and I need that space for the day, but will bring another bag for going out later if I can't go home first.

8. Sounds like a black box Kelly is a must-have!!!! Except that I am finding it damn hard to find one. :crybaby:

9. Yup, I would bring Ms BB Kelly.

10. Might change shoes or handbag...but more likely to bring handbag that could go the distance...

11. Note the majority votes for the elegant Kelly... :smile: Mrssparkles, I remember you mentioned your store manager has cancelled all box Kellys? That is sad indeed.

What about a kelly in a smaller size in other leather options? The Box leather only makes it *even* more elegant, but a kelly by itself already symbolises that. Unless for you it's Box or die....

My store manager has told me I'll be getting my Box Birkin next season <yippee yahoo> Sorry for rejoicing but I can't help it!!! Maybe you should go to another store and try :smile: You may luck out and get a back order Box Kelly!

12. Actually I did this today. I have a dinner meeting a a very nice restaurant in Bev Hills this evening. I am wearing a melon colored shell, brown cotton twill pant, brown suede shoes (with stack heel) brown tweed Chanel jacket and my orange togo 32cm Kelly. The advantage I have is that I don't have to wear the jacket during the day. It hangs in a closet and I wear a lab coat all day. Sometimes I do bring a different pair of pants and shoes to change into before going out. I have to do that if I want to wear heels in the evening. Too much for me to wear a high heel all day long.

Hope this helps Mrs. Sparkles:flowers:

13. And I forgot to add, I always have a spare outfit (formal wear) and spare pair of high heels in my office. So maybe I'm one of the few rare birds to bother with changing for a formal dinner at the end of the day. I guess I belong to the "old fashioned old class" old ladies club :smile: I also have a spare H chiffon scarf in the office. I would wear a nice black skirt to work, and after work, wear the chiffon scarf as revealing top and I'm ready to go out to party. Oh ...plus my kelly too <heehe>

14. Me too. I'd tend to do a dressy top with a pants suit, remove the jacket for the evening, add heels.

Or dress with jacket, remove jacket for evening, add heels (I'd be wearing heels with a dress anyway).

Black Box Kelly.

15. If I know I'm going out straight from a job I'll wear a pretty camisol (splg) under my suit jacket and bring dressy earings and my Kelly. I always wear heels so I don't need to change my shoes. I also will change my makeup a little. I'll wear a darker shade of lipstick or create smoky eyes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice