Silly Cat's Getting More and More Vocal

Echoes

O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
Until recently, I rarely heard a peep. Lots of purring and the occasional meow or other noise.

The last few months though have been different. All kinds of noises, sometimes for no apparent reason. She'll sit somewhere, look up at me and let one out. Then we get into an argument, almost like she's back-talking me like a teenager.

Can cats get Tourettes? :P:lol:

I don't know about Tourettes, but mine is a LOT more vocal after the other kitty passed in November. He yells for the heck of it, or to complain, or to argue back and forth with me, or to find out where I am. VERY vocal, and on both ends of the noisy spectrum!

^ Funny you mention that, Bunny. My cat Yeager (he's in my icon/avatar today), has become more vocal since the passing of his brother Mawson and sister Betty last year. He was never chatty or vocal before then.

^ Funny you mention that, Bunny. My cat Yeager (he's in my icon/avatar today), has become more vocal since the passing of his brother Mawson and sister Betty last year. He was never chatty or vocal before then.

Mine was always "*****y boy" in vocal accord, but he intensity has gone up as a single male in the house. Sadly, the frequency of his blanket humping has increased too, for which he also yells while in the midst of :smile:

Funny I should come along to this thread! My elderly kitty have become very vocal over the last year. Bellowing and meowing very loudly, unlike ever before. She is not in distress. I just talk to her and pet her up and she's ok. Funny.

We took her to the Vet for an unrelated issue and we asked her about the loud bellowing. She says older cats may do that and she does not know why. I think my elderly girl is going a bit deaf too though.

I wish I knew how old mine was. Somewhere around 8 or 9 for sure. Funny thing is that she was born here under the back deck and I brought her in as a kitten, but I never noted the date.

^ Awww, she was a stray?
The next time you take her to the vet, get them to check when her first vaccinations were as a kitten, that should give you an idea of how old she is.

my meeko often just sits and stares at me and meows at me constantly. sometimes i will get up and follow him somewhere. i know he's trying to tell me something but i don't know what lol.

sometimes i follow him, thinking he wants water from the bathroom sink. so we'll go in there and then he'll run out!
other times he wants me to go down to the basement with him. sometimes i do just to humor him. then he just rolls around on the floor (in the cat litter that has escaped the litter box)

silly guy.