• Yes!

• Get another bag

• Sold Mine

Results are only viewable after voting.

baileylab

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I'm intrigued with the Silky Pop and have read almost everything about them on this forum.

I plan to use the silky pop as sort of a sightseeing bag. I find H bags are quite heavy because of their leather. I even find my evelyne gm3 heavy (old age i guess....)

Since a Prada or LV tote costs about $750, i can add a bit more for it.

I know the outside is water resistant & it has a nylon lining inside. What i'm afraid of is that with everyday use (like on a weeklong trip) will it pill? How about snags?

thanks!

The material would be fine. It's not like normal silk----I can't imagine it pilling or snagging.

It is lightweight & durable. I love mine!

But, for sightseeing perhaps you'd want to consider the Silky City, since it closes & can be worn cross-body. (Personally, I never wear bags that way so it wouldn't be an option for me, but it's another one to consider for your purposes.)

Thanks Cinderlala. The silky city zips up on top? I like the wide bottom of the silky pop, makes the bag hold its shape vs the very flat city. I also like that you can fold the Pop.

I plan to attach a zipper or a velcro closure on the Pop.

I'm also one who goes into the store, get what i want then get out. The merchandise is quite overwhelming.

thanks again!

ps how old is your silky pop?

I only really see the silky pop as a bag you'd carry with you, to use briefly for packages when you shop. Maybe someone can let us know how the zipper is when it's open? Might it snag a shawl or clothing?

i thought of the silky pop because i'd know it'll be a snap to pack. sightseeing, i plan to carry sunnies, spare jacket, make up case, small wallet, bottle of water, light snacks.....

I don't have any experience with the silky pop, but I would imagine that a bi-material GP would be perfect for what you're describing and I am sure much lighter and more worry-free than the all-leather bags. And no worries about it standing up to wear or snagging anything with zippers, etc.

And there are some great deals out there on the GPs right now for pre-loved. Come in a few sizes and have a snap closure if I am not mistaken?

Crap. Now I am wanting a GP. LOL!

haha irishlass... you're right. i saw a GP PM with a shoulder strap & i'm tempted as well. to be honest i find the GP too plain and reminds me too much of an LL bean tote.

I'm liking the silky pop because it takes so little space.

decisions, decisions.

i can never seem to make up my mind....

haha irishlass... you're right. i saw a GP PM with a shoulder strap & i'm tempted as well. to be honest i find the GP too plain and reminds me too much of an LL bean tote.

I'm liking the silky pop because it takes so little space.

decisions, decisions.

i can never seem to make up my mind....

LOL! Well get one in ORANGE and put a twilly on it! :P

I DIE!!!! Omgosh! :wtf:

Mrs. Sparkles bag...OMNIBUS!!!

:drool:

attachment.php

The Silky Pop does not zip. I'm fairly certain that the Silky City also does not zip, but it is not as wide open as the Silky Pop.

I love my Silky Pop for all the reasons you've described. I've taken it on several trips----it's rare when I leave it home, but it is not the only bag I use on the trip. I love that it zips to nothing & can be thrown in my luggage as an extra bag.

It is very durable, and could easily serve as your only bag for a week long trip.

I've had my Silky Pop for about a year & a half. I also use it frequently in the summer, when it is just too hot to carry a leather bag. Mine is the Marwari pattern, so it goes with just about everything I own. I also really love that it is an easy way to carry the gorgeous silk, but not have to wear it, or worry about it at all.

But I'm not at all objective about this style, because I really love mine so much! :P

yes riley girl - absolutely love yours! i've your modeling pics saved on my comp. so that bag is included in my wishlist now. BTW how much was it? thanks

yes period girl, i'll check it out next month when i go to an H store. I'm also liking the elonger one vs the wider one riley-girl has.

oh cinderlala......you've got me hooked! that's EXACTLY the bag i'm looking for!

honestly, i was thinking of getting a nylon tod's will the zippers in front, in a navy color.

but the silky pop is tugging at me....

papertiger, me too. wishing it would come in a design i like - particularly these ones:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• H Comme Histories Navy reduced.jpg
    H Comme Histories Navy reduced.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 466
  • Le Domme Celestes Navy reduced.jpg
    Le Domme Celestes Navy reduced.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 471