Silky Pop vs Another Bag. Opinions Please

Silky Pop or not?

• Yes!

• Get another bag

• Sold Mine

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bailey--I got mine before it went on sale for 1450...the green is no longer in production and at the sales. At sales the price of GPs can go as low as 75% off but usually the blacks/whites/browns are at the sales now (in my experience at least).

Best of luck finding the right bag. I do love the silkypop but can't seem to justify the price.

Hello Everyone,

I'm intrigued with the Silky Pop and have read almost everything about them on this forum.

I plan to use the silky pop as sort of a sightseeing bag. I find H bags are quite heavy because of their leather. I even find my evelyne gm3 heavy (old age i guess....)

Since a Prada or LV tote costs about $750, i can add a bit more for it.

I know the outside is water resistant & it has a nylon lining inside. What i'm afraid of is that with everyday use (like on a weeklong trip) will it pill? How about snags?

thanks!

Howdy BL!!!

Welcome to the orange side of heavy! Nuthin' like a solid, well-made, top quality leather bag...ah, er...yea, they are heavy for just that reason. Pretezel logic, but I wouldn't trade these heavy saddlebags for anything else out there.

BUT, for a sightseeing trip and the need for a lightweight bag--ITA, leave 'em at home.

Although I don't own either of the bags u want info on, I do have an opinion on both: they *ARE* your scarf, except worn on the shoulder or cross-body. I don't consider them knock-around tote bags. The silk fabric is too beautiful to get all scuffed and/or poked by passersby.

Sorry, haven't read through entire thread, so forgive any repeats.

Have u considered H's canvas bags? They have a few all-canvas totes, Fourrier Tout (sp?), others, that are handsome, lightweight and they get the job done!!! Garden Party also has a detachable shoulder strap, but will be heavier than the all-canvas totes.

HTH and have fun contemplating yur next H purchase.

hi Sac-a-main!!!!!! :biggrin:

yep so contemplating on my next bag purchases. I've just recently bougt a prune evelyne gm3 and unfortunately i found it quite heavy for lugging around. i can;t return it at it's bought all the way from france.

I've been doing a lot of adjustments to it lately - putting in a zippered pouch, another zippered pouch (with double sided tape) for the outside pocket, adjusting the straps (i'm too short or the straps are too long) and all the other things. I'v been using it for 4 days (on interval) with my usual shopping/errends. so i've concluded, nope - just too heavy for me. But the bag is too darn pretty! and so chic for a messenger bag too - i wouldn't have thought....

that's why i've been searching - again - for an ultimate travel bag to tote around the city or at amusement parks. the silky pop looks so convenient. i am also considering the gp with the shoulder strap. but don't know about the durability of the toile as well.

Cinderlala :woohoo: has been very helpful in vouching for the durability of the silky pop. I do hope they'll have a design i'd like. For now it's this print i'm keen on

attachment.php

Attachments

• Silky Pop Carre en Tout.jpg
    Silky Pop Carre en Tout.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 382
Bailey--Have to add my GP is canvas not tolie and strong and light. I also have an evelyne--well, three of them--but the toile/barenia combo is real light, epsom is lighter too.

As far as your E maybe order a custom strap?

i know about your evelynes, rileygirl :graucho: i'd rather get a new bag then a new strap. i've already found out the evelyne cannot do on a whole day (with days on end) sightseeing trip. But it's just me complaining about the heaviness though.

so many bags to choose from - i'm also looking at a couple of Tod's Nylon pashmy bags

attachment.php

attachment.php

Def try the Garden Party with the strap then. I don't normally carry it by the shoulder strap, I find it a little awkward. I could wear the PM size as a shoulder bag.

Wishing you luck in finding the perfect bag!!!

Bailey, H will custom-length your strap if you want to make it a permanent length and not adjustable. A friend of mine has it done with all her evelynes. She buys an evelyne 3 because she wants a longer strap than the one that comes with the evelyne 2. Then she has it sent to the craftsman, who cuts and sews it at the length she wants. Takes a week or two.

Sorry, but the idea of taking a silky pop to the amusement park (thinking water rides, junk food, pushy crowds) scares me. I'd go with something I can wipe off easily and not worry about -- how about a le pliage?