Silk/Satin pillowcases for better hair and skin?

Okay, so I have two questions:

I've been using the Save My Face La Petit pillowette, which is the smaller version of the pillow, for a couple months now and I really like it. My only problem with it is sometimes my face ends up on my regular pillow anyway because the pillowette is not that thick. Does anyone have the La Grande pillow and do you like it?

And secondly, does anyone here find using a satin pillowcase helps prevent wrinkles? Maybe if I put one on the pillow underneath my pillowette it will help...

I had never heard of these pillows but will check them out. I do have a satin sheet set which I found annoying because my quilt was always sliding off. So I just stuck with the pillowcases because I had also heard sleeping on them would help but I've noticed no difference. I would think that is you put your pillowette on top of the pillow with a satin case, it will probably slide.

they look uncomfortable.
I think if you wash your pillowcase often or change them often that should work just as good. bacteria builds up on whatever your sleeping on. I couldnt sleep on any material that isnt breathable.

I have the La Grande pillow. I think that it is really comfortable as far as neck support goes, but it is hard to sleep on it right. It is so thin, that I always wake up in the wrong position. IMHO, it is good for comfort, but not for preventing wrinkles.

Hi everyone,

Wasn't sure where to write this under (general, health or beauty, anyway, feel free to move it admins)

I was wondering if there was any specific brand of silk pillow cases you girls could recommend, and where to purchase them.

I hear it's good for wrinkle prevention, so are they just 100% silk pillow cases that can be found anywhere, or should I look for something specific.
Anyone know if large department type stores carry them, like sears?

Should I order online, and if so any sites recommended would be welcome !

Thanks!

I bought silk at a fabric store and had a seamstress make me sheets and pillowcases in 4 idifferent colors..I saved SOOO much money and I got the large shams!
Oh my gosh! What a great idea! I'm going to the fabric store today, and make myself some pillow cases and shams. Why didn't I think of that before? I'm so glad you posted!:tup: Now I can make some to match my different duvet covers!

I'm not really sure I *believe* that it'll prevent wrinkles, but I did get some silk pillow cases/duvet covers when I first heard about this a few years ago. I didn't end up using them too much, though, I guess after a while I just forgot I had them. I'll look for them again now, though :flowers: Here, you can get them at any well-assorted store that sells sheet sets. I think I paid a little over $100 for mine at a sale (the store was closing down) for a pillow case and a single duvet cover.

If you're in England, custom tailoring is the way to go in my opinion, not just because of the price, but also because of the versatility, Harrods is your option if you just want them ready made.