Silk knot tying party

May 22, 2009
Hi all , has anyone ever attended one of these? As part of a fundraiser I won a party for 20 at my local store. They don't seem to know what's involved Ie the store director has to go and get more details and call me back... which I thought was odd...

Reactions: arlv8500
Hi all , has anyone ever attended one of these? As part of a fundraiser I won a party for 20 at my local store. They don't seem to know what's involved Ie the store director has to go and get more details and call me back... which I thought was odd...
I received an invite for a private scarf tying and shopping event, but it sounds like you've won a lottery for a more exclusive event for you and your friends.. I'm interested to hear more!

We are all set for a date in a few weeks. It is really a shopping event just a private one. They do hope that folks will purchase but I was assured there will not be any hard sell. Probably 3 guests would be very unlikely to buy but everyone else would be open to if they see something they like. I still have about $400 credit from a return so I'll buy something anyhow. I'll report back how it goes!

For anyone interested ... it was a lovely evening. We were greeted with macaroons and champagne. We then watched some short videos on the making of the silk and had a little history lesson. Then a couple of the SA's showed us a few scarves and how to knot them , then everyone wandered around and made some purchases. It was very nice. My only complaint would be they could have held attention a little more by showing more knotting techniques. The 3 that the knotted were purchased as it makes a difference when you see how it looks. But overall a very very fun night out. We all left with a goodie bag with perfume samples and some knotting cards.

Reactions: westcoastgal