Silk Hand Fans

Jun 18, 2008
Does anyone here on tPF still use one? Aside from church or formal occasions, I just wanna know if any lady today would still keep a fan in her purse to keep cool

IFFAH

"..."
Jan 22, 2006
I still use them when I'm on the beach to ward off the mosquitoes and to cool myself down.

stingerash

Dec 23, 2008
Thats really funny that you posted this...because i told my friends that this summer my new thing was that i was gonna carry one of those fans with me everytime we went out!! I have not yet but i am still planning on it! :smile:

chanelvgirl

Jun 20, 2006
Sunny CA
I love fans and I always carry one in my purse, more so now that I get hot a lot (pre menopause, ouch!). It really helps me.

I'm also a collector.

lolitakali

Feb 6, 2007
Maryland
Nope,

but I do own a fabulous silk painted fan from spain with lace fringes... the ones used by the flamingo dancers with the tap shoes & the castanets you know... sent by a penpal from spain when I was in my teens.

I have a small collection of fans but they were all in SG... should be in the junkyard by now though.

Serayane

Apr 28, 2007
I used to have this pretty fan my revatives brought from Cuba...but it broke! Now I'm hunting for one. But like no store in the city has silk ones, only paper.

Jewelweed

O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
I do! I live in an insanely humid tropical city, and a hand fan is a survival tool! I always keep my loewe silk fan in my B.

hanee

O.G.
Nov 21, 2007
when i was in korea i kept one at school during the summer time since the classrooms didn't have ac. now i try and keep one in my purse, just in case it gets a little warm. i love them and want more!