Silk and Static! HELP!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone have experience with silk dresses and find that when you walk, sit etc. it is very static-y? I was going to buy a dress at Banana republic but as soon as I put it on, I felt it stick to my thighs with static!

I have another dress (not sillk, another fabric) and this happens as well, and the anti-static spray doesn't work too well...

any suggestions? Thanks!:tup:

2. Honestly there are two things I do that work. One is if I'm at home, I gently rub a dryer sheet on the thing and that seems to take care of the static. If I'm in public, I make sure to bump up against or make sure that my dress is touching something metal--the static will conduct itself into the metal and out of your garment. Both seem to work and aren't a terrible bother!

3. Does the static come back quickly if you use a dryer sheet? I really like this dress I tried on but the static bothered me so much! I don't mind rubbing a dryer sheet in it but will it last all day?

4. I find that the dryer sheet takes care of it for the whole day, but depending on where you live, that may not be the case. You could always fold up a spare and put it in your purse.