silicone vs rib rhinoplasty

sourapple77

Jan 31, 2023
Hi all!

If anyone has had rhinoplasty with silicone in the past, would you mind sharing your experience? I'm reading a lot of horror stories about the silicone shifting or showing through the skin over time and am worried about silicone implants that most clinics are recommending me.

On the other hand, if anyone has a good rec for rhinoplasty using rib cartilage, I'd really appreciate it!

Reactions: kittydays
Hi all!

If anyone has had rhinoplasty with silicone in the past, would you mind sharing your experience? I'm reading a lot of horror stories about the silicone shifting or showing through the skin over time and am worried about silicone implants that most clinics are recommending me.

On the other hand, if anyone has a good rec for rhinoplasty using rib cartilage, I'd really appreciate it!
I used silicone for all my first, second and third surgeries. I did worry about silicone coming out of my nose but I was assured that unless I use a long or a L shape silicone it wouldn't come out and that if I used silicone with enough length with tip plasty done together it couldn't come out.

Hi all!

They assured me so much about how it won't come out of my nose. I used my own rib for the tip a month ago and I'm satisfied with how it turned out. Tip is higher than before and I think using rib is a good option when you want to heighten the tip like me

I used silicone for all my first, second and third surgeries. I did worry about silicone coming out of my nose but I was assured that unless I use a long or a L shape silicone it wouldn't come out and that if I used silicone with enough length with tip plasty done together it couldn't come out.
That was my concern

They assured me so much about how it won't come out of my nose. I used my own rib for the tip a month ago and I'm satisfied with how it turned out. Tip is higher than before and I think using rib is a good option when you want to heighten the tip like me
I'm still researching with using rib. How was the recovery like? I'm iffy about silicone and don't want to lean towards donated either.

I'm still researching with using rib. How was the recovery like? I'm iffy about silicone and don't want to lean towards donated either.
I did my surgery with silicone 3 times already.... if you don't like silicone there's always dermis option, have a think about it.
Think there's alot more dermis surgery than the past

I used rib! Specifically, I used my own rib but it was the diced method, not solid rib but diced and then glue. It's called the DCG graft. It was good for me. So far, I'm happy. I know a lot of people may find that the rib harvest site hurts a TON. But for me, I didn't because my surgeon injected a strong dose of local anesthesia in that area, so it was sore at the most only for the first week. I highly recommend your own rib. It sucks having to worry about another grafting site, but it's really recommended.

Reactions: snpry
I used rib! Specifically, I used my own rib but it was the diced method, not solid rib but diced and then glue. It's called the DCG graft. It was good for me. So far, I'm happy. I know a lot of people may find that the rib harvest site hurts a TON. But for me, I didn't because my surgeon injected a strong dose of local anesthesia in that area, so it was sore at the most only for the first week. I highly recommend your own rib. It sucks having to worry about another grafting site, but it's really recommended.
I'm thinking about it but I'm wondering which is worse future recovery from my own rib vs my BA surgery. I had a super hard recovery from BA. How much did you pay for your nose job with rib by the way? :smile:

I'm thinking about it but I'm wondering which is worse future recovery from my own rib vs my BA surgery. I had a super hard recovery from BA. How much did you pay for your nose job with rib by the way? :smile:
I don't know if it's an option but if they ask for you to pay more, it's worth it. But ask for a strong injection in the site as I mentioned. It really helps you tide over the initial extreme pain. I've heard horror stories of how painful it is, but for me it was at the most somewhat sore. You just want that initial 'over the hill' pain over and gone with the injection. I know it's sucky and scary, but it's less infection rate (your own material) I heard and the rib is super sturdy meaning you'll have the optimal support etc. I did mine in the states and I paid much more (yikes) but it was worth it. It was 26k ‍

Im also undecisive on both options.. im going to Korea this month and almost all Clinics reccomend Silicone bridge with Cartilidge tip, except one Clinic reccomended the diced rib for the bridge. I always thought silicone is worse because of the infection risk and risk of showing through or moving over time. It made it seem like Rib is the obvious choice, but they said rib can warp or get absorbed so now im lost.