Signature Tote Problems?

ladybugz26

Jun 14, 2008
I see the thread about the Carly's fraying and was curious if anyone has had problems with their Signature totes. My corners are majorly frayed. However, I see that the fray is from rubbling on my belt (I have the large one and that is where it hits on me).

I also have two signature totes that have the edges of the straps, meaning the sides fraying from the base up (downright peeling up). The first one I thought was because I carried too much heavy stuff in it at once (laptop, water bottle, magazine ect. for travel) but the second one I haven't put anything hardly in there and it is fraying after a few weeks of use.

Is anyone else having these problems? Did you bring your bag in and see what Coach would do for you? I feel mine is normal wear and tear and was not planning to bring my first one in ... however I just started using my second one (which I love the flower embellished one) and am disappointed that this is happening to that bag too. However, I feel it might be an issue with all the bags similar to this rather than just mine (so an exchange wouldn't do much good and I want this bag).

I had a black/white signature tote from the second time they had these totes (with the patent trim). I rotate often and it hadn't been used for more than two weeks at most when one of the corners started fraying. I took it back and they happily exchanged it for me (and good thing I did it when I did, because the new floor set was coming the next week.)

I think it never hurts to talk to them.

So they don't consider fraying on the bottom corners wear and tear??

from what my SA told me, No...I have the monogrammed reversible signature stripe tote from 2006 that frayed on the bottom corners and the leather straps peeled. She said that it was that particular style/model (and also some Carlys)that was very prone to fraying. She gave me two options, to exchange the tote on the spot or send it to JAX and wait 6 weeks for the credit letter and to tell me the tote is unfixable. Of course, I exchanged the tote on the spot...

I change my bags out and haven't carried my sig stripe in a few weeks, I've been using my bleeker..but you can bet i'll still keep my eye for it! I love her!!!!!

that's really horrible, fraying at the corners?! sounds like more like a quality/defective issue. but i'm glad that it seems like many of you got credit back for it. sorry about that ladybugz, i hope you're able to find a solution:heart:

Well, I just bought a Sig Stripe tote and this would stink royally! :faint: I have the Heritage Stripe but that is reinforced with leather on the bottom and it is the treated canvas while the Sig Stripe tote with the jacquard seems kind of naked by comparison. Makes me worry and I will definitely keep an eye out for this.

I had a Signature Tote and it never frayed....probably because I rotate my bags a lot so it didn't get tons of use.

That's great that yours is not fraying:tup:
I rotate mine as well, but that didn't stop the corners from fraying:confused1:But like my SA said, it could be that certain type of style/model that was prone to fraying. I have a couple of siggy items that are from 2004-2005 with no fraying issues.
Also, I was especially careful with this tote because my DH got this for me for Christmas and had Coach monogrammed my initials on the tote back in 2006..

That's great that yours is not fraying:tup:
I rotate mine as well, but that didn't stop the corners from fraying:confused1:
I was especially careful with this tote because my DH got this for me for Christmas and had Coach monogrammed my initials on the tote back in 2006..

Oh, no! :tdown: Did you return it? Or with the monogram were you kinda stuck?

I was able to exchange it on the spot (I got the Sig Bleecker Tote in Berry that I ended up giving to my Mom)...I just didn't get the $$ back for the monogram fee which was $25.00

At least it worked out except for $25 down the drain. Wonder if they just resold it that way, with your monogram on it to someone else, lol.