Signature stripe denim, should I do it?

babybeans

Aug 8, 2007
My birthday is coming up and I need a new purse. I LOVE the signature stripe denim satchel, BUT, I'm supposed to be buying one I can take out to dinner.

Question: Does this purse look tacky if you wear it while wearing denim jeans?
Another question: Do you think it's worth it? In Hawaii, it costs $100 more than it does up in the mainland...is this worth $500? I can always get something else online and it's always cheaper than it is in stores here...but they don't have the denim satchel online!

Don't you just hate our 20% markup?! If I were to ever get a regular priced bag, I'd definitely have a friend on the mainland buy it for me and send it in a $9 flat-rate box!!

I don't think it'd look tacky with jeans... I have the denim Carly and I wear it with jeans! I think the signature stripe denim is a more "dressed up" denim because of it's darker color, whereas I feel the denim of the Carly is more casual.

You say you're supposed to be buying a bag you can take to dinner... what kind of dinners? Are you looking for a bag to take to super fancy dinners or just dinners overall? I think the denim satchel would look great with many dressed up or dressed down outfits! I'd say the only kind of dinners I wouldn't take the denim satchel to is one where I'm wearing a super-fancy dress or gown...

The denim sig stripe looks great with jeans (I wear the tote with mine all the time) so that should not be am issue - but wow, $500!! Considering it cost $298 plus tax, that one heck of a markup! :yucky:

Me personally, I have a limit as to what I pay for sig fabric - and that's only because I'm a leather girl (I figure at that price, I want my money's worth I guess lol :P)

My birthday is coming up and I need a new purse. I LOVE the signature stripe denim satchel, BUT, I'm supposed to be buying one I can take out to dinner.

Question: Does this purse look tacky if you wear it while wearing denim jeans?
Another question: Do you think it's worth it? In Hawaii, it costs $100 more than it does up in the mainland...is this worth $500? I can always get something else online and it's always cheaper than it is in stores here...but they don't have the denim satchel online!

I think that one is currently on sale at Macy's.

I personally do not like the color, but I don't thin it would be tacky with jeans.

I just saw a girl yesterday wearing a denim tote with jeans and a sweatshirt, and the bag looked great. It almost seemed to make the jeans look dressier. I would love to have the signature stripe shoulder tote in denim.

Don't you just hate our 20% markup?! If I were to ever get a regular priced bag, I'd definitely have a friend on the mainland buy it for me and send it in a $9 flat-rate box!!

Ooh, such a good idea, I'm going to call my girlfriend to go to the store on the mainland and send it to me!! DH will be so much more at ease!! (Then,maybe I can also get the beauty case!!)

*update* I WAS going to call my friend to buy it for me, but I ended up ordering the khaki/chocolate one online. It was only a few $ cheaper than the boutique with the expensive shipping, but for me the boutique is far, so I'd spend that $ on gas if I had to drive there!
I'm so wishy washy on this one - I wanted to wait for a light color like parchment, but I live literally in a forest and am surrounded by red dirt!