Signature stripe denim, should I do it?

babybeans

Aug 8, 2007
My birthday is coming up and I need a new purse. I LOVE the signature stripe denim satchel, BUT, I'm supposed to be buying one I can take out to dinner.

Question: Does this purse look tacky if you wear it while wearing denim jeans?
Another question: Do you think it's worth it? In Hawaii, it costs $100 more than it does up in the mainland...is this worth $500? I can always get something else online and it's always cheaper than it is in stores here...but they don't have the denim satchel online!

maya_exquisite

goddess ^_^
Mar 3, 2007
Honolulu, HI
www.myspace.com
Don't you just hate our 20% markup?! If I were to ever get a regular priced bag, I'd definitely have a friend on the mainland buy it for me and send it in a $9 flat-rate box!!

I don't think it'd look tacky with jeans... I have the denim Carly and I wear it with jeans! I think the signature stripe denim is a more "dressed up" denim because of it's darker color, whereas I feel the denim of the Carly is more casual.

You say you're supposed to be buying a bag you can take to dinner... what kind of dinners? Are you looking for a bag to take to super fancy dinners or just dinners overall? I think the denim satchel would look great with many dressed up or dressed down outfits! I'd say the only kind of dinners I wouldn't take the denim satchel to is one where I'm wearing a super-fancy dress or gown...

Kansashalo

O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
In the south
The denim sig stripe looks great with jeans (I wear the tote with mine all the time) so that should not be am issue - but wow, $500!! Considering it cost $298 plus tax, that one heck of a markup! :yucky:

Me personally, I have a limit as to what I pay for sig fabric - and that's only because I'm a leather girl (I figure at that price, I want my money's worth I guess lol :P)

Kimmi

Aug 6, 2006
That bag is stunning IRL and it looks great against jeans. I saw someone awhile back with it....gorgeous bag!

coachfreak

Looking for LVOE
My birthday is coming up and I need a new purse. I LOVE the signature stripe denim satchel, BUT, I'm supposed to be buying one I can take out to dinner.

Question: Does this purse look tacky if you wear it while wearing denim jeans?
Another question: Do you think it's worth it? In Hawaii, it costs $100 more than it does up in the mainland...is this worth $500? I can always get something else online and it's always cheaper than it is in stores here...but they don't have the denim satchel online!
I think that one is currently on sale at Macy's.

I personally do not like the color, but I don't thin it would be tacky with jeans.

katielady

O.G.
Jul 6, 2007
OH-IO
I just saw a girl yesterday wearing a denim tote with jeans and a sweatshirt, and the bag looked great. It almost seemed to make the jeans look dressier. I would love to have the signature stripe shoulder tote in denim.

babybeans

Aug 8, 2007
Don't you just hate our 20% markup?! If I were to ever get a regular priced bag, I'd definitely have a friend on the mainland buy it for me and send it in a $9 flat-rate box!!

Ooh, such a good idea, I'm going to call my girlfriend to go to the store on the mainland and send it to me!! DH will be so much more at ease!! (Then,maybe I can also get the beauty case!!)

Annac2002

O.G.
Jan 14, 2007
smart girl... haha save some money on the bag and take that extra cash and get a little something else...

i love the way our minds think!

babybeans

Aug 8, 2007
*update* I WAS going to call my friend to buy it for me, but I ended up ordering the khaki/chocolate one online. It was only a few $ cheaper than the boutique with the expensive shipping, but for me the boutique is far, so I'd spend that $ on gas if I had to drive there!
I'm so wishy washy on this one - I wanted to wait for a light color like parchment, but I live literally in a forest and am surrounded by red dirt!