Signature: how do you feel about it?

cinediva

Banned!
May 30, 2007
Until... 3 weeks ago, I was die hard set against signature print. I don't know what happened, but one day I saw a signature bag someone was carrying at the Post Office and for the first time, I didn't think it was ugly!

After that, i HAD TO HAVE the Hamptons Carryall, khaki signature print.

Am I the only backwards person who took years and years to suddenly teeter over the edge and fall madly in love with signature print?

What do you think of the CC print?

I used to feel that for the money, you may as well spring for leather. But now I am carrying the large Carly with the huge C's and I just love it. I know some describe signature as a walking advertisement for the brand but who cares! I am enjoying the lighter weight of the fabric and think the bag looks great with everything.

I love the signature. I don't mind being a walking advertisement for a company I love...many people have problems with "too many logos" but if you love the company and back it with pride, why not?

Most of my stuff is signature, but I'm moving more toward the leather now just for something different.

I didn't like it all, but now I'm like you and slowly switching I think, I'm thinking about getting the hamptons business tote in signature (although that's also because I don't care for the braiding on the leather version). So far I'm really only into the black on black though.

To each her own...I prefer leather myself, too. One night back in March, though, my mother-in-law was admitted to the ER (she's ok now) and while I was waiting in the lobby to see her (carrying my new pond legacy shoulder bag), I noticed a lady walk in carrying the Hamptons perforated hobo in a rich chocolate signature jacquard fabric/leather trim and I fell in LOVE instantly and knew I would have one for myself. To date, she is my only signature bag (of any brand). Never say never:yes:

I'm definitely a leather girl. Occasionally I'll see a signature bag that I like, but it's pretty rare. I just like the look and feel of leather so much more. They just look more timeless and classic to me. The signature ones seem to all blend together to me after a while. I just get tired of it. However, You never really know. Tomorrow i might see a sig bag that I fall head over heels for. I have seen some really lovely ones here and there. I also prefer the larger size C over the smaller ones at the moment. I'm not quite sure why, but perhaps it's because it looks slightly more like a geometric print rather than a logo.

I adore signature on small pieces like wristlets, wallets, mini skinnys, etc., but i'm more into plain leather more and more. I have magenta and amethyst small signtaure soho bags that I still love though, so maybe I'm torn lol. :balloon:

the business tote was what i had gone in looking for when i came out with the large carryall - for me the business tote was too big, and since i have a 9 month old i carry a diaper bag most of the time anyway. but anyway, i was just bonding because the hamptons bag was the one that broke me. :biggrin:

I didn't like it all, but now I'm like you and slowly switching I think, I'm thinking about getting the hamptons business tote in signature (although that's also because I don't care for the braiding on the leather version). So far I'm really only into the black on black though.

Yes - same for me. I love the black on black signature and that's what all of my signature pieces are with the exception of my Legacy Flap which is khaki sig with black leather trim. I do prefer leather, though. :yes:

I like the black signature, but every time I think I'm going to get a black on black piece, I just say what the hell, why not just get black leather instead... and then I either get black leather, or khaki signature!

On my list for the future, though, is the duffel in black sig. That seems like a good piece for it, a low profile piece in lightweight fabric.

I really prefer the classic leather styles, but waffled just enough to pick up a few Scribble pieces in both the 2005 Brights and the 2006 Pastels. Maybe it's just the part of me that loves bright LeSportsac prints showing it's face, but I think of the Scribbles as Coaches with a sense of humor. :graucho:

I agree with you there. The ginormous Cs do look like a giant swirly print. I have noticed, too, that when you look at the smaller C print from far away, or squint at it, it kind of looks like a crisscross or checkery pattern. Well, some kind of intricate geometric thing.

I'm definitely a leather girl. Occasionally I'll see a signature bag that I like, but it's pretty rare. I just like the look and feel of leather so much more. They just look more timeless and classic to me. The signature ones seem to all blend together to me after a while. I just get tired of it. However, You never really know. Tomorrow i might see a sig bag that I fall head over heels for. I have seen some really lovely ones here and there. I also prefer the larger size C over the smaller ones at the moment. I'm not quite sure why, but perhaps it's because it looks slightly more like a geometric print rather than a logo.

I :heart: both signature and leather.

I used to be only a sig girl until lately. My collection was all sig for a long time, but now I have 4 leather bags. I never thought I would ever be into Coach leather, but now I love it.

I think everyone has certain things we are "drawn" to or connect with, but I also find or believe that we shouldn't limit ourselves. It never hurts to look, you never know what you might find or fall in love with. :graucho::tup::P

I understand how strange it can feel to be consistant with one style and then find something outside of that, it can feel weird at first but I think you'll enjoy the sig.

Like one of the other girls said, I have almost all black/black signature pieces, with one exception, a citron east/west duffle.

By the way I think you picked one of the most beautiful pieces of sig. print ever made by Coach. Almost every time I see any sig Hamptons Carryall it takes my breath away. That bag in my opinion is pure beauty in its finest form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!