Signature Bags...

YokelMel

Jul 20, 2010
So, here is my issue. In theory, I'm not crazy about the signature bags. Whenever I see them in the store or on eBay or such, I am just not that attracted to them and much prefer the leather bags. However, every time I see someone out in the wild wearing a signature bag, I always like the way that they look. Does anyone else feel this way? I'm tempted to get one and just see how I like it. Thoughts? Who has siggie bags and loves them? Sell me on a siggie!

I used to only buy signature bags because I thought that the leather ones looked too plain. I am not a fan of pebble leather, but now that Coach is making more things in smooth leather, I have been getting leather bags. I have one khaki signature with a plum patent leather stripe. I get tons of compliments on it. I love the color combination. I use it whenever I travel because I can fit tons in it and I don't have to baby it.
Most of the rest of my signature items are tone on tone, like black on black, navy on navy,etc. I was thinking that my tastes had changed and I was thinking about getting rid of most of my signature items, but when I went back and looked at them, I still think that in the styles I have, the signature looks better than leather. I think that is why Coach is doing more with textured leathers and combinations of different leathers and why now I like their leathers.
The other thing about signature is that they are lighter weight.

@YokelMel there is a thread already like this that was created recently, it's called--" I wish Coach wasn't so common" I believe, there you will be able to find others that can contribute to this and what not :smile:

Actually, no, that thread is not same topic. There are opinions expressed there that may have relevance to her request, but her request is more specific in nature.

YokelMe -

I'm not big on sportin' anyone's initials but my own :biggrin: however, I do own a black-on-black Hampton's carryall that I call my "ladybag." It's very lightweight and classy looking. That is the only true "signature" fabric I own but I do have a Scarf Print Maggie, a Legacy Stripe Glam Tote and many print accessories. The fabric bags are very lightweight, and fun for a change.

Why don't you try a sig print accessory or two in your leather bags and see how you like that? Get a toe wet first, so to speak...

I think some are very beautiful however I haven't found one that I just have to have. I really only carry leather bags as I find them more durable and they go with everything. I find that the leather Coach bags I have so far don't scream Coach and unless you are a huge Coach fan or see the Coach name you wouldn't know. I am proud to carry my Coach without having to have other people know it is a Coach.

I also live in a fairly rural/small cities & towns area and most people around here don't carry designer handbags so I don't feel the need to advertise what brand I carry either. Additionally if I am going to spend my money I want a beautiful leather bag that I know I will keep coming back to for years to come.

But if the right signature bag came along that I loved and I could afford I would snap it up in a heartbeat as I am a huge handbag lover.

Actually, no, that thread is not same topic. There are opinions expressed there that may have relevance to her request, but her request is more specific in nature.

YokelMe -

I'm not big on sportin' anyone's initials but my own :biggrin: however, I do own a black-on-black Hampton's carryall that I call my "ladybag." It's very lightweight and classy looking. That is the only true "signature" fabric I own but I do have a Scarf Print Maggie, a Legacy Stripe Glam Tote and many print accessories. The fabric bags are very lightweight, and fun for a change.

Why don't you try a sig print accessory or two in your leather bags and see how you like that? Get a toe wet first, so to speak...

:huh:..............I didn't say it was the exact same topic, I said "like" as in she may find similar advice in that thread.......I was just trying to help :oh:

that "actually no" comment was kind of rude, it was not needed...:shrugs::confused1:

So, here is my issue. In theory, I'm not crazy about the signature bags. Whenever I see them in the store or on eBay or such, I am just not that attracted to them and much prefer the leather bags. However, every time I see someone out in the wild wearing a signature bag, I always like the way that they look. Does anyone else feel this way? I'm tempted to get one and just see how I like it. Thoughts? Who has siggie bags and loves them? Sell me on a siggie!

to just contribute, honestly rock whatever sort of bag you want to :smile: wheather it be leather, siggie etc. At the end of the day if you are happy with the bag who gives a hoot about what others in public will think, if you like it at and at the end of the day you are happy then that's all that matters girl !! :biggrin::yes:

Well i'm the opposite, I like signature bags because they are less heavy. I have a bad shoulder so the leather makes it heavy to start with. I have always been a shoulder bag person until Lv came into my life. Now I only own 1 shoulder bag.
I have some smaller leather coach bags and I have larger ones in signature.. it works for me :biggrin:

i like sig in both coach and LV for a few reasons: it is lighter, and it is snow and rain proof

i do have both coach leather and sig bags. there is room for everything in a collection! i prefer blakc on blakc sig though and i do have a patent sig stripe tote from the outlets i think is gorge!

I don't really like plain (aka boring) khaki/brown sig bags, but several of my summer bags are sig fabric and I love them.

I don't mind a fabric bag if it has a little pizazz.

Kristin Hobo 16791
and
Collette with python trim 16408

are two of mine that I love. They are so lightweight.

I have both- and love both the leathers and the siggy for completely different reasons!!! Some of the siggys...to me...can be a bit overwhelming- however...if you find a bag you LOVE- regardless of it being siggy or leather- you will "rock it" while carrying it and will create the same envy in others that you experience when you see women rocking their siggys!!! Try scouting out different colour combinations of the siggys- if they speak to you- you are meant to have it- if they don't- so what? Enjoy what speaks to you!

I have 2 sig fabric bags and I don't use them often because I usually prefer my leather bags, but they are a great choice whenever I want to carry a light-weight bag. My medium-sized khaki/sand Parker Hippie with rose gold hardware is a beautiful spring and summer bag and I get lots of compliments on it. It is much prettier than the more common khaki/brown sig bags IMO.

My black/black sateen sig groovy with silver hardware is an all-year bag and it is one of my favorites. I use this bag whenever I am attending trade shows, conventions, large business meetings hosted my company, etc. Places where I will be walking a lot and don't want to carry a heavy bag. It's a great bag for a trip to the museum, too!

It's small but it really holds quite a lot. I am usually trying not to carry much in these situations anyway but I am able to fold up a large pashmina shawl, wrap it in a plastic bag and put it in the bottom of my groovy and still have room for all the essentials. The shawl is a great item to have in case it gets cold in conference rooms!

My groovy is the first version and it has a button pouch on the front that holds as much as a capacity wristlet and that really increases the capacity of this small bag.

Because it is sateen it can be dressed up to look very elegant. If I have to attend a reception or a business dinner, I just remove the long strap and the plastic Poppy hangtag and my groovy becomes a lovely little evening bag.

I'm a leather girl and I could live without my khaki/sand parker hippie, but she was my first coach and I still love her. But my black/black groovy has an essential place in my purse wardrobe and I wouldn't want to let her go!

I have added stock pics of my 2 sig bags so that you can see why I love them!

Attachments

• coach parker hippie khaki sand.jpg
    coach parker hippie khaki sand.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 563
  • groovy_black_sig.jpg
    groovy_black_sig.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 754
I have several signature/cloth bags, and they do have the advantage of being much easier on my arthritic shoulder! Honestly, I love both leather and signature, but for different reasons and in different ways.

I do not like signature bags of any designer... I just perfer leather and bags that do not SCREAM a brand...

But oddly enough I do have signature bags of all most all the designers I buy...

The reason is that there is always a exception to every rule and there are some bags that are worth buy and are beautiful and if they are also signature it does not matter..

My Coach signature bag is the Sabrina Ikat in BLUE and White...

user215093_pic77429_1304977065[1].jpg