Signature bags ... what do you feel about them?

Also I feel it's worth pointing out that the LV monogram canvas, true to its luggage roots, can take a lot of abuse. Rain, spills, being dropped/dragged/stepped on/smushed/etc. I know that a lot of the ladies on here are really into taking care of their bags, because they're expensive, but I am the opposite way: I figure it's expensive BECAUSE of the quality, BECAUSE it can take a beating, and that's why I'm paying for it. I want a bag that can weather whatever I throw at it, and not have to baby it or worry about whether it will rain today or freak out if someone spills on it, and the LV canvas is perfect for all that. I have other bags, but I end up carrying LV most days because I just don't want to have to worry about my bag.

The only signature bag that I'll EVER carry is an LV, and it's mostly because they're the only one I think is remotely classic, and it's very neutral, too. The rest come off as trendy or too showy. D&B came out with some pretty bags, but they've already gone by the wayside, and they would have ended up being a waste of money. Coach, a brand I would only buy with my own gun up to my head, tends to change things so quickly that they go out of style before you can turn around.

i used to love logo bags, but i think they have been copied and faked; so much so that it has cheapened the real ones...i am carrying my prada now, the ones with the silly triangle, and although i know its real, i know this bag has been faked so often, i feel kind of cheap wearing it....too bad.

I am the opposite of most you guys. I LOVE monogram! It's not because I care about people knowing my bag is designer....I am just attracted to patterns for some reason. I love the Coach C's and the monogram on my LV's. It's just something I like because of the look.

I really don't care. If I like the style of bag, who cares : ) It's what makes me happy in the long run. I have my LV Speedy 30 and Coach Signature Stripe Tote bag with their siggies. It's all about what you LOVE IMO...

Also I feel it's worth pointing out that the LV monogram canvas, true to its luggage roots, can take a lot of abuse. Rain, spills, being dropped/dragged/stepped on/smushed/etc. I know that a lot of the ladies on here are really into taking care of their bags, because they're expensive, but I am the opposite way: I figure it's expensive BECAUSE of the quality, BECAUSE it can take a beating, and that's why I'm paying for it. I want a bag that can weather whatever I throw at it, and not have to baby it or worry about whether it will rain today or freak out if someone spills on it, and the LV canvas is perfect for all that. I have other bags, but I end up carrying LV most days because I just don't want to have to worry about my bag.

That's fair enough and I appreciate your point and your preference for hardy bags that can take a beating; but I thought I should point out that good quality does not equal hardwearing.

They are two separate attributes. :smile:

Most signature bags annoy the living turds out of me. I.e Gucci and sometimes Coach. I think some monograms are just absolutely atrocious, especially Gucci.

Personally, I think if someone has an overload of signature pieces, they are trying too hard to look wealthy. The monogram/signature is a status symbol and they want to shout it out to the world by consistently purchasing signature bags. There are many other bags that don't bare the logo on them, but look just as fashionable, if not more.

I own and like both so it's just personal taste. For example I have a LV mono speedy that I adore and that's a very recognizable bag. However I also have 2 plain leather coach bags because I don't like the coach monogram. I also think there's a big difference between having a touch of monogram versus being decked out head to to toe in labels.

There will be people who think that carrying a monogram means your trying to show off, but they're making the assumption that you're buying bags for what people will think of you. You know that you're carriyng a particular bag because you like it and that's all that matters! :smile:

In general, I don't care for signature bags. Not the traditional signature style. I do love L.A.M.B. bags, though and they are technically signature, but they are very subtle and a little more on the funky side, which appeals to me.

I only have one signature bag which is supposedly the "staple" LV speedy 25. I however prefer my nicer leather bags over LV though. They are generally cheaper too! My LV was my first venture into logo bags. I used to despise the LV logo (used to think it reminded me of old people, ugly colors, etc.) but now I like it for some reason, but I don't use it a lot. To me the vachetta is horrible to upkeep and my regular leather bags age more beautifully even in rain.

You can say the whole bit about LV taking a beating in rain though about any canvas bag. Canvas is canvas and cheap as well. It doesn't have to be LV to weather good in rain. Canvas, nylon... They're all really cheap materials and there is nothing extraordinary about canvas.