sigh..

Which would you rather have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
O.G.
Mar 31, 2012
Hi guys, I've been trying to stay out of this forum (Ban Island for now), but something just keeps sucking me back in and I'm finding it hard to stay away.

I have made a pact with myself to sell off three bags before the end of the year that I know I'll never use.
However, for the three I sell, I want to buy one, and here is where I really need your opinions.

I know this is the Bal forum, but I'm trying to venture out, and I absolutely fell in love with this Gucci which I don't even believe is out yet (I can wait.)

So this is where you ladies come in. Which would you rather have? Keep in mind that I already have two Cassis bags, a WE and a city.

The contenders are: 1. Bal Extra large Burgundy Blackout bag

2. This Gucci (the largest size it comes in)

extra large burgundy blackout bal.jpg gucci 2.jpg

Hi BPC :smile:. I think you should get the one you are absolutely in love with — sounds like it’s the Gucci plus that color is so rich looking at least in the picture compared to the Black Out (only based on these pictures; could be different IRL). That being said; I can’t remember what is generally more your style — edgy casual (Bal) or dressy polished (Gucci).

I really like the color of Gucci bag, very beautiful rich color compared to the Bal. The Gucci one looks classic and vintage while Bal is more chic and edge. But you already have two Bal in similar color then I would go for the Gucci(venture out to different brand?!). But it also depends on which style you would need or reach more!!!

Reactions: BPC
Hi guys, I've been trying to stay out of this forum (Ban Island for now), but something just keeps sucking me back in and I'm finding it hard to stay away.

I have made a pact with myself to sell off three bags before the end of the year that I know I'll never use.
However, for the three I sell, I want to buy one, and here is where I really need your opinions.

I know this is the Bal forum, but I'm trying to venture out, and I absolutely fell in love with this Gucci which I don't even believe is out yet (I can wait.)

So this is where you ladies come in. Which would you rather have? Keep in mind that I already have two Cassis bags, a WE and a city.

The contenders are: 1. Bal Extra large Burgundy Blackout bag

2. This Gucci (the largest size it comes in)

View attachment 3837936 View attachment 3837938
Don't ask me why but i rarely "vote" when folks ask for opinions on which one because it always comes down to your own personal decision....but between these 2, I'm definitely feeling the GUCCI! Best luck deciding !!!

@Iamminda - Neither edgy nor polished really. But if I had to choose, I guess edgy would win.

Thanks for responding ladies.

It's definitely more polished like Iamminda said, you think it would work with casual too?

Have you noticed the hardware on the bottom of the Gucci handles looks like rh on Bals? and then there's buckles that connect the handles to the bag... Apparently I don't stray that far from Bal :smile:

I need to see the color of the Gucci in person. It it's that saturated, that would be incredible.

Reactions: Iamminda
Yes, I think it would definitely work with casual too. I like them both and I only made that edgy vs polished distinction to help narrow down your choices :smile:. Please let us know after you see it — maybe take some real life pics if possible. Good luck deciding.

it's your decision, but i'm voting for the bal. the proportions are better for the size of the bag. they both look very large? the gucci looks way too big for that shape, like it's a gigantic LV Alma GM or something. the leather looks much nicer/richer on the gucci but it just doesn't look right (to me). i think the gucci would last much longer though, it looks really well-made.i'd just pick the bal because it looks visually more proportionate.

it's your decision, but i'm voting for the bal. the proportions are better for the size of the bag. they both look very large? the gucci looks way too big for that shape, like it's a gigantic LV Alma GM or something. the leather looks much nicer/richer on the gucci but it just doesn't look right (to me). i think the gucci would last much longer though, it looks really well-made.i'd just pick the bal because it looks visually more proportionate.

The xl blackout is a little smaller than the old WE's so it's pretty big. I think the Gucci is much smaller, but I can't say for certain as it's not out yet.
There's a Gucci right near me so will check often for it.. lol

My problem is, I don't think that Bals handles on bags the size of WE's are great. Mine have stretched out to the point they almost look comical.
I'm using it like you're supposed to, on the weekends (granted, every weekend but still) and I do load it up, but I still don't think the handles should have stretched as much as they did. So I'm a bit hesitant to get another.
Considering the price of the XL Blackout, if the handles stretch the same as they did on the WE, I'm going to be livid.

The xl blackout is a little smaller than the old WE's so it's pretty big. I think the Gucci is much smaller, but I can't say for certain as it's not out yet.
There's a Gucci right near me so will check often for it.. lol

My problem is, I don't think that Bals handles on bags the size of WE's are great. Mine have stretched out to the point they almost look comical.
I'm using it like you're supposed to, on the weekends (granted, every weekend but still) and I do load it up, but I still don't think the handles should have stretched as much as they did. So I'm a bit hesitant to get another.
Considering the price of the XL Blackout, if the handles stretch the same as they did on the WE, I'm going to be livid.
looks like the Bal has rings for shoulder carry.. maybe the gucci will have a strap too? it sounds like you love the gucci:heart:

looks like the Bal has rings for shoulder carry.. maybe the gucci will have a strap too? it sounds like you love the gucci:heart:
I do love the Gucci, at least in the pics. It reminds me of a very old Marc Jacobs bag I had many, many years ago. Think it was a mens bag but the shape was very similar.

Realistically, I need another weekend bag so the Bals in the running for that reason. And like you said, it now has a strap so that's a huge plus.

Hmmm, both stunning but as a black out owner, my vote is for the Bal. The leather is TDF
I like Gucci too, but the Bal leathers are superior

Interesting about leather, thanks.
I will say I saw the small blackout and it felt very stiff and hard to me. Does it soften up?
Do you think it would make a good weekend bag, meaning will the handles hold their shape if the bag gets heavy use?