sigh SAs

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
so we were going to the states yesterday. sis and i decided to order by phone some wallets bc they only had two of each when sis called last wk

well they tell they had non of the red patent zoe wallet even though inventory said 2. i was kinda bummed. then the SA nicely called back and hr later to say she found one so i phone ordered

then we go pick them up. i c mine has a nick in the leather so i ask for an exchange the SA rolls her eyes. she says we have none left. i said what about the one on the shelf. she says i dont wanna sell a floor model. well y not? i said since it was in better shape i would take the floor model

she wants to do a credit card exchange. i explain that since the dollar rate was different then the day i ordered i would out $12 for the same purchase. she hmpfs and glares at me then agrees to do a store credit exchange

then sis sees her sig wallet has a small fray in it already and decideds to upgrade to leather. the glares again and says i guess u just want store credit too

she was the rudest sa i ever met and we couldnt believe it! for $300 we should b able to b a little picky. she told us not to phone order again if we wanted to look the stuff over. excuse me???

in the end we both got our purchases and were satisfied but this girl should not b working at coach

on a side note i found it hilarious the only customers in the US store at the time were from Ontario!

I would lodge a formal complaint to the Manager, and also to corporate since it seems SA's have not been so friendly lately.
I totally agree! This seems to becoming a habit with SA's lately having attitude, etc. I mean come on, thats what they are getting paid to do but it seems when asked to go the extra mile and do a little more work, by that I mean an exchange, etc. they are getting attitude. What do they have to get an attitude about? It's their job.

We got a store finally here last month and they are so incredibly unfriendly there! I asked for a dust cover (why the he!! would they not give me one automatically?!) and she sighed, rolled her eyes and then made me wait half an hour for one!

I'd definitely complain if I was you.

Everyone has a bad day. They're only human, after all. Maybe they recently had problems with other customers, or maybe they're going through something personal. But yeah, it is really rude and unprofessional to treat a customer like that.

When I went during the PCE to buy two things, I got serious attitude from the salesperson, even though I literally picked up the things I had on hold and went to purchase them right away.

Some salepeople think they're so high and mighty. That experience kinda turned me off from that boutique, which is too bad because it's closer to my home, and I've bought almost all my Coach items from there. Since I'm in Toronto, it really leaves me with only a few alternative boutiques, but I'm now fine with going out of my way to get better service.

If we're dropping $300+, I think that we definitely deserve to be treated nicely. Heck, even if we just window shop or spend $1, we still deserve to be treated nicely. They don't have to fawn over us (that actually makes me uncomfortable), but it should be a standard code to just be respectful and polite to customers. If not, I'll take my business elsewhere. Not like they're the only option around.

i wonder if these SAs like their jobs? b/c by acting rude, the customers will stop coming, the store will do bad, it'll be on them, etc. it's crazy. if they have "stuff" going on, they need to leave that at home and put on a work face, it's only professional! yuck.

well i would complain (it might get you 25% off) but i can understand, coach is probably pushing sales on those people and they get a little annoyed after a while. my mother works at a bank (wont say they name but they are proub sponsor of MLB) and they push sales on people and if they dont meet them they get written up and then possibly fired. she still goes in with a smile and likes all of the customers, but she says more and more people are cashing out account b/c they dont like the sales pressure, and its just going to get harder and harder to sell

Another bad SA story! This is getting ridiculous. I'm really sorry this happened to you, but I would complain. If no one says anything, the poor customer service will continue.

Another bad SA story! This is getting ridiculous. I'm really sorry this happened to you, but I would complain. If no one says anything, the poor customer service will continue.

That's it exactly! The average person doesn't complain - they either put up with it or just quit buying the product/service or go to another store without ever saying anything, but if corporate doesn't get the complaints, they won't know what to fix. We have to call them on it when they are out of line (politely of course) and if they don't act appropriately, call corporate or write a letter to them with details. Only then, will they get the message that there is a problem and hopefully fix it. A company like Coach should not have these sorts of customer service issues!

I would complain. I am a lead in a call center (take escalations calls & provide feedback for the CSRs). Customer service is the make or break of any company. In customer service you need to leave your problems @ the door and treat every customer with the utmost respect. Their job's depend on us. Where I live there are 2 boutiques within a 20 minute drive and the outlet is maybe 25 minutes away. With ongoing bad service people might decide to go to another store or order online/JAX.

If you complain to their manager then their manager should coach them on customer service because their lively hood depends on us.

Sorry for my long winded rant.

Ok, I'm a Coach SA and there is absolutely no way I would EVER treat a customer like that, no matter what kind of mood I was in at the time! There's simply no excuse for it! I always encourage the customer to look over her item(s) to make sure they are just to her liking. If she's ordering a bag that we don't have in store and she's really picky about the grain of leather or something, I tell her to order two into the store and we can look them over together and return the one she doesn't like. I understand that for most people Coach is expensive (even with my discount I find it pricy for me as a college student).

The other day there was a girl who had credit because of a bag Coach had not been able to repair for her. The bag she wanted was the last one in the store so I tried to order it for her. Unfortunately there weren't any more in JAX so i spent over half an hour babying the bag with moisturizer for her and told her that even if she didn't want it after I was done cleaning it up that was completely OK. It looked perfect when I was finished, and she decided to get it and since it was the last one in the company we gave her a 25% discount on it as well. Since this was all basically an exchange, none of this showed up on my sales or anything, but I spent all that time with her because I wanted to see her leave HAPPY. I wanted her to be completely content and in love with her new bag. I would hope for the same thing had I been in her position.

The thing is, in my opinion this is the way Coach customer service SHOULD be from ALL the SA's. At least at my store they encourage this type of treatment towards customers, which I definitely appreciate since I wouldn't work for a company that wasn't like that.

It really saddens and frustrates me to see all of these instances with poor CS.

^^ Sadly you are becoming a rarity at Coach boutiques - I have an awesome SA now and the rest of the people in her store are pretty cool too - it's a somewhat new store - a little over a year old I think and a small one, but they are very nice and helpful! I live in an area with tons of stores - I have 4 outlets within an hour or so drive and 14 Boutiques plus multiple Nordstrom, Macy's and Bloomingdale stores all carrying Coach products. I'm lucky in that I have many choices and I also travel for work so often pop into a Coach store where I happen to be, but other than this one SA I've found, the best service I get from Coach consistently is at the outlets!

It's so nice to hear about your great customer service - I'm in high end media sales and believe me when I tell you that attitude will take you great places and make you a lot of money - don't ever lose it!