sigh...regretting the purchase of my new speedy!

oh, and i forgot to mention - has anyone else noticed that the speedy is very awkward to unzip and zip up again? i know whenever i go to pay, i'm holding the bag with one hand and trying to use the other to unzip it, which is hard. i end up holding one handle with one hand and letting the other side fall totally open (which bothers me) and digging around for my wallet with my other hand....and then it becomes hard to zip it back up again with one hand!!!

Someone mentioned a pursekett so you won't have to fumble around inside the bag. The zipper may be a problem because you might have too many things inside?:shrugs:

This morning I woke up with pain in both my shoulders and arms. I feel very sad, because just looking at my speedy while it's resting, I still drool over how stunning it is, but I'm starting to feel like it's just not very practical.

This happened to me too and always does when I start carrying it again. It's normal if you're accustomed to a shoulder bag. If you carry the speedy for a few days you'll begin to see all the pro's of a handheld bag - and then you'll love it! It's just your body getting used to the weight of the bag and where it's placed

This happened to me too and always does when I start carrying it again. It's normal if you're accustomed to a shoulder bag. If you carry the speedy for a few days you'll begin to see all the pro's of a handheld bag - and then you'll love it! But then once you decide to go back to a shoulder bag for a switch the same thing will happen all over again (but this time, because you'll be so used to carrying the bag in your arm or in your hand, your shoulder muscles will hurt!) when you decide to switch back into the speedy. It's just your body getting used to the weight of the bag and where it's placed

That's very interesting! hmm, perhaps that is true. what ARE the pros of a handheld bag..?

^^^ no slippage! I hate that my shoulder bags are constantly slipping off of my shoulder - it's so annoying to coooonstantly be picking the strap(s) back up! I find my back hurts less with a handheld bag (but you'll only discover this after lots of time carrying both bags - handheld and shoulder) as well.

Seeing as you love it I would keep it for short trips/lunches etc and perservere with it. I only have the one speedy, a 25 and it did take a little while to get used to carrying it but now I am quite happy to use a hand held bag. I think you will get used to it once you have taken speedy out a few times.

i use my speedy just about everyday, but when going on a shopping trip it stays at home and honestly i just bring my cles or i'm contemplating getting a bosphore. I live in Boston, so I know what you mean by shopping is a walking only event. you could try the strap, or just bring a cles ( the most utilized piece of lv i own).

hmm. this is dissuading me from getting a speedy...

Oh no, don't let it dissuade you. The Speedy is wonderful, and useful - holds tons. Maybe just not so useful when you're walking about tons and have to hold lots of other stuff - like shopping. As many other people have mentioned - it's great for work days. On shopping days, I'm more of a shoulder bag girl myself, but I would never give up my Speedy.
I need less when I'm shopping, because hey - I can buy it. When I'm at work, I pack everything.:P

Well, I can see why some might prefer a shoulder bag, but I can't seem to find one that will stay comfortably on my shoulder (they always fall to the crook of my arm anyways:shrugs: ). Of course, shoulder bags are also considered bad for the back and arms because they shift your weight to one side, unbalancing your back.

I think you would have the same problem with having your hands full after getting your first shopping bag, because they are handheld and it can be a pain as you add a bag from each store. Perhaps you should consolidate, and set the Speedy inside your first large shopping bag, so you can sit your stuff down on the floor anytime you need to.

I adore my Speedy, and I generally like handheld bags best EXCEPT when I'm shopping! Then I have to be hands-free, so I always wear a shoulder bag when I'm shopping. Oh well, I don't think any bag is perfect for ALL occasions. That's why we need so many! ;)