*sigh* my first LV experience ruined...Has anyone walked away from a purchase...

Oh No, that was rotten. I'm in T.O. and has had bad treatment as well (he was the opposite and didn't speak to me at all, gave me the item and walked away, than came back, in stone cold silence). I than walked over to another SA with the item in hand and asked for her to serve me, period. She obliged, he got pissed off and walked away again. But I got my bag and my service.

You are the customer, the min you step through that door, you deserve politeness, and should demand as such and settle for nothing less. LV is a great product, and don't let a rude SA deprive you of it.

Yes, that would have been my response. To tell the rude SA, "I do want to purchase a bag today, but not from you. Could you call over another assistant please? Thank you."

Of course, it is always easier to think of these things in hindsight but I would never let a total stranger ruin a gift, especially not on my birthday. That's giving them way too much power.

So sorry. When I am getting bad service or being treated rudely, I lean over, look them in the eye, and say "Is there a problem? I came in here to buy a (blank), and if you have a problem with that, I will just leave and go buy it elsewhere."
At that point, they usually stammer, hem-haw, say there's no problem and start to at least try and treat me nicely.
But sometimes I'm not in the mood. My kids always cringe and my DS thinks that ever time we go to a restaurant, someone in the kitchen spits in our food when I question things.
You did the right thing.

OMG!! they should really fire that SA....i hate it when this happens :sad:

With the labour shortage here in Calgary, workers seem to get more and more ridiculous every day. There are numerous people where I work who I'd love to have fired but my managers are SO SHORT STAFFED there is no way they will fire anyone...:sad:

no your are not the only one. Trust me you aren't alone in the offensive service department. However don't let that deter you from getting what you want. if you want your speedy get it. Just not there

That just sucks.... plain ole sucks.... I'm sorry. It's too bad, I hope you get the bag from someone else or somewhere else and it has pleasant memories, Lv is supposed to be about happiness and good travel memories, not snottyness...

Sorry that you had a bad experience. I spoke with a SA today and he made me feel like a complete idiot for thinking that there are panda pouchettes in the stores again. I know there are because I called the 866 # and they confirmed it. Moron!!