SIGH*** Missing my speedies...

Oh no! Well at least you know that you can always get those 2! I recently sold a couple of my LVs (including my favorite speedy) to fund my Chanel as well, but I only got through it because I know that I can always get it again! That's something I love about LV - I don't have to ever worry about the classics going away!

Oh no! Well at least you know that you can always get those 2! I recently sold a couple of my LVs (including my favorite speedy) to fund my Chanel as well, but I only got through it because I know that I can always get it again! That's something I love about LV - I don't have to ever worry about the classics going away!

Yes, that is the reassuring fact: Speedies will always be available! :smile: I was kind of drowning in the 30's though...this time around I might check out the 25. But for some reason, I think the reason I never got the 25 before was because it was tight with a heavy winter coat (just carrying it over the elbow) and also had a smaller opening at the top.

Yes, that is the reassuring fact: Speedies will always be available! :smile: I was kind of drowning in the 30's though...this time around I might check out the 25. But for some reason, I think the reason I never got the 25 before was because it was tight with a heavy winter coat (just carrying it over the elbow) and also had a smaller opening at the top.

I love the 25! I think it's a fabulous size, and it fits me perfectly :yes:

Sounds like you had a need for the Chanel Medallion tote, which is just a beautiful bag! You'll be able to get another speedy and after the Chanel it will seem really affordable. Take the time to enjoy the bag you're with right now. When you're ready LV will call to you again.

OMG!! I was thinking to get my very first 30 this weekend!! I'm the same height and weight with you... will I be overwhelmed with 30 too??? Please advise ASAP! Or should I opt for 25???

Anw, sad to hear that you've lost those tivoli and speedies to fund a new Chanel... but I'm sure you wont regret it.... Chanel is just as classic as LV and the medalion is really gorgeous!!! Go for it girl! I'm flying over tmrw to get myself my very first Chanel and LV ( Speedy!) tomorrow! Wish me luck!:yahoo:

Sally - you will love the 30. It's by far and large the most popular size. I have both in mono, 25 and 30. While I use the 25 if I'm going out to dinner or something, I really really love my 30. I'm 5'2 and a size 6. The 30 is not that much bigger than a 25 (I think it's 5 cm's bigger) and it's got a bigger opening and is just gorgeous. If I had to choose between mine and get rid of one, I would keep the 30.

I think you made the right decision, Chanel has more and bigger price increases than LV (I think), so if you had waited longer to get your Chanel the price might have gone up by 10% or so. The speedies, however, will be around for ages and the prices won't increase as much (hopefully) so you can always get them at a later date :biggrin: