*sigh* For a brief, shining moment...

pseub

Bonne vivante
O.G.
Oct 24, 2005
...it was mine. The Paddington in off-white. It arrived today. But it's going back to Bergdorf's now.

It's a truly lovely bag. If it hadn't been for that antique white Stella that caught my eye and which will probably be more practical for me than a second Paddy....but damn, if I had unlimited funds, I would have kept it. It's yummy.

Sigh. :worried: Sniff.

serendipity3kb said:
I will continue my favorite statement. I hate living on a budget:cry:
I know you will love the stella too. Its beautiful.

Thanks. I do love the Stella and ultimately chose it over the Paddy because a) it's a limited edition and won't be available indefinitely, b) it's a classic and I won't tire of it and c) it's big enough to use as a work tote too.

But yes, living on a budget is no fun. Even just the one bag has already put me over for the next couple of months. Restraint is going to have to be my watchword for a while. :sad:

I can totally relate! It is so tough. Especially if you live in a city like New York or LA where you are surrounded by amazing shopping 24-7. Even if you TRY to avoid it you can't! Restraint is really difficult.

I think you made a good decision not to keep the second Paddington. The Paddington is nice but I had two at one point myself and exchanged the second for the Chanel reissue (pseub, you and many others on this forum gave me great advice about it) and I am so glad I did. Better to diversify your bag wardrobe. If my funds were unlimited I would get every bag I love in every color but because I have to pick and choose I find it more satisfying to have a variety.

Psueb - what do they say, it is better to have bought and returned then to never have bought at all....well, okay they don't say that; but, at least by seeing it you know you made the right decision.

The Stella will be a great addition to your SS rotation.

FendiBagLady said:
I think you made a good decision not to keep the second Paddington.

Better to diversify your bag wardrobe. If my funds were unlimited I would get every bag I love in every color but because I have to pick and choose I find it more satisfying to have a variety.

I agree with FendiBagLady and it is a good advice for me too:smile: .

Psueb, I think you will be very happy with your decision on your choice for Stella!:love: especially with the three reasoning you have. That's perfect!

Here's a pic of the Stella.
MJStella.jpg

:love:

It is quite beautiful and to be honest w/ you, (don't kill me y'all) but I don't see what all the fuss is about w/ the Paddy anyway. It's a great bag and very cute and I prefer the Stella over the Paddy. Maybe if I had unlimited funds, I would have both!:P I think you will not regret it!