*Sigh* Dissapointing eBay Auction Prices

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
I had a couple Coach bags listed that ended today and I'm not too happy with what they sold for. My black leather messenger (retail $378+ tax and shipping) only went for $157 and a travel tote I bought on ebay last year only went for $168. I had detailed descriptions, a dozen photos for each bag, and in the case of the messenger the original Coach receipt. The tote actually sold for about $10 over what I paid for it almost a year ago, but I had bought it from a low-feedback seller with only a few pictures and a short description. I honestly thought I'd get $200-250 for the messenger and about $200 for the tote, so I'm just kinda dissapointed :Push: My other auctions did pretty well, but these two were the only $100+ items. I don't need the money and it's nice to pass them on to people who will love and use them, but still.

Sorry to be a downer, but figured you guys would understand :flowers:

Yeah it is a bummer, I tend to set mine to BIN/BO so I have a bit more control over what they sell for. I don't like reserve prices, they annoy me. At least you got SOME money for them!

I have a few listings right now also and I've tried to make the starting price what I think the bag is currently worth. I've also tried to be competitive by looking at completed auctions for similar items.

It's hard when things go for less than you wish, but at least they sold. I've had to relist my darn mandy 3x (keeping fingers crossed again this time!).

I have had more luck with the BIN/Best Offer only option. I just sold a bag and a wristlet for about what I set my BIN for - people offered me slightly less than the BIN option so I pretty much got what I wanted.

Mine too. I had some things sell really well about a month ago. The items I am listing now (which are just as nice and in excellent condition!) are not moving, and I've had to relist a few of them several times. It just makes no sense - there appears to be no rhyme or reason to how ebay works sometimes.

^That's absolutely it. Gas and food prices are at an all-time high in the US and we are seeing weekly new reports about the possibility of a recession. People are afraid and luxury goods are the first things to take the hit.

i'm so done with selling on eBay! what my items sold for wasn't even worth it for me. i enjoy spreading the Coach around, but i feel like i wasted time listing them and watching them end.

I actuall sold a few items lower than I would like, through best offer because I was afraid I wouldn't get an other offers. Not really low but broke even kinda low.

I have done this too. The beginning of the year was great. Right now I am not doing so well. I have had to relist my last bag and I did bin or bo and I only had a couple of really lowball best offers. :confused1: Maybe people are also saving for their summer vacations. I know I am.