Sig stripe shoulder tote vs. medium Carly - with pictures

I'll measure the straps at home - all I know is the strap on the Carly looks and feels longer!

I wouldn't be surprised if the measurements on Coach.com are wrong. Wouldn't be the first time that's for sure. Are we sure the drop on the medium Carly is only 6 1/2" ? Even with the slouch, this doesn't seem right. I don't think I would be able to wear it if it were that short. Of course I am not wearing my Carly today or else I'd measure her. Thanks for the pics. I had a feeling the smaller bag would be too small for me and this confirms it. I want a bag larger than the medium Carly. So if they truly do come out with the larger one in the pink, it'll get put on my wishlist (even though I don't think I'll be able to get it any time soon :crybaby:)

i tried on both bags today and i am going to buy the carly because of the longer drop. i also would think the shoulder tote will drop a little more once you have stuff in it

I wouldn't be surprised if the measurements on Coach.com are wrong. Wouldn't be the first time that's for sure. Are we sure the drop on the medium Carly is only 6 1/2" ? Even with the slouch, this doesn't seem right. I don't think I would be able to wear it if it were that short. Of course I am not wearing my Carly today or else I'd measure her. Thanks for the pics. I had a feeling the smaller bag would be too small for me and this confirms it. I want a bag larger than the medium Carly. So if they truly do come out with the larger one in the pink, it'll get put on my wishlist (even though I don't think I'll be able to get it any time soon :crybaby:)

That drop for the Carly sounds awfully short to me - I'll have to measure my bags when I get home. Figured Carly was a good reference point since so many people either have one/have seen them in person!

I'm assuming they're measuring it while the bag is empty and sitting on a flat surface and not on the shoulder, because when you wear it full of stuff, the bag slouches quite bit and the strap drop is longer. I have no problems wearing my medium Carly over the shoulder.

Haha, I actually just went and measured my Carly both empty and full of stuff. When empty and the handle not stretched, the strap drop is about 6 1/2" and when full of stuff, it slouches to more than 10".

I'm assuming they're measuring it while the bag is empty and sitting on a flat surface and not on the shoulder, because when you wear it full of stuff, the bag slouches quite bit and the strap drop is longer. I have no problems wearing my medium Carly over the shoulder.

Haha, I actually just went and measured my Carly both empty and full of stuff. When empty and the handle not stretched, the strap drop is about 6 1/2" and when full of stuff, it slouches to more than 10".

Thanks! I would have never thought the drop was that short. Thank goodness for the slouch or else I would never be able to wear my Carly I guess. And I don't even overstuff her.

Thanks! I would have never thought the drop was that short. Thank goodness for the slouch or else I would never be able to wear my Carly I guess. And I don't even overstuff her.

I did a quickie measurement this morning...and bizarrely, both straps measured roughly the same. The Carly slouches a bit more than the shoulder tote, which is why I think the strap on the shoulder tote seems shorter. The shoulder tote slouches, but not a ton - could also be that as a new bag it needs time to relax a little.

Oh my! We are Carly twins!! I have the same one in Large. Love the pics of the new sig stripe!

Wanted to share pictures of my new pink signature stripe shoulder tote - I love this bag (I've been waiting for more things to zip all the way shut!) and wanted to share a few pictures for comparison's sake. When I first saw it on Purse Forum, I thought it looked a lot like my beloved medium Carly size-wise - and it is. The shoulder tote is a bit smaller, and the strap is shorter, but they're generally pretty close in size. Hope this helps others in deciding whether this might be a good bag for you too!

Pictures: (sorry, couldn't get these to post directly on PF)

sigstripecarly3.jpg

sigstripecarly2.jpg

sigstripecarly1.jpg