Sienna Miller:"Monogamy Is Overrated"

Jan 23, 2006
Sienna Miller Says Monogamy Is 'Overrated'

smiller.jpg

Her then-fiancé Jude Law apologized for an affair last year, but Sienna Miller has her own issues with monogamy, she says in a new interview.

"I don't know, monogamy is a weird thing for me," Miller, who is still seeing Law, tells Rolling Stone in its new issue. "It's an overrated virtue, because, let's face it, we're f–ing animals."

She says she was upset by the scandal – Law admitted he'd cheated with his kids' nanny – because it drew attention away from her acting. "Everything happened in the wrong order," she says. "You become very known for being someone's girlfriend, and all of a sudden there's all this hype and buzz for all the wrong reasons."

Now in Pittsburgh shooting a film adaptation of Michael Chabon's novel The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, Miller, 24, says she's already worried about getting older. "It's so hard for women in this business. And I want to be doing this when I'm 50."

She also says she "can't wait to have babies."

"Jude has three children," she says of Law, whom she met on the set of Alfie in 2003, "and I have never tried to be their mum or anything, but I've had the benefit of living with them and loving them without being the parent. But I love the idea of being a working mum and having my kid on the set."

I'm surprised what she said about living with Jude's children... that she doesn't see herself as a mom to them eventhough they live with her... I maybe just don't get it.

Anyhow, I took a psych class in college dealing with human sexuality and how it truly is hard to be monogamous compared to other primates... Only one kind of monkey is monogamous- the rest do the entire group of eachother! :roflmfao:

Funny thing is, when someone makes comments about monogamy like that, it usually means they are masking insecurities about it. I'd definitely be insecure with such a thing if my fiance cheated on me with a nanny!

I'm surprised what she said about living with Jude's children... that she doesn't see herself as a mom to them eventhough they live with her... I maybe just don't get it.

Anyhow, I took a psych class in college dealing with human sexuality and how it truly is hard to be monogamous compared to other primates... Only one kind of monkey is monogamous- the rest do the entire group of eachother! :roflmfao:

I agree about Jude's children. I don't get that either. :shrugs:

I think she is kind of full of it! I find it strange what she is saying about monogamy but on the other hand it could be a kind of cover up or masking of her true feelings (since she is back with the person that cheated on her in the frist place). It was publically humiliating for her I'm sure and she seemed like she was devasted by it. On the other hand though, she did initially rise to fame because of her public relationship with Jude Law. The girl does have acting talent I will admit but her meal ticket into Hollywood spot light was her bf Jude Law and I think she may be milking it for all it is worth!

I can understand what she's saying. They only have one Mom- and I think she's trying to respect that. I didn't interpret that to mean she does not care about them though.

I've been raising two kids that aren't mine for years, and even though their mother is irresponsible and selfish, I have never tried to take away from the fact that she IS their mother.