Siena MM AND Speedy B 30?

Apr 24, 2014
Hi all-
I've been having this argument with myself for months and since I've failed to come up with a verdict! I thought I'd throw it out there to see if you all can help me sort this out.
Long story short- I went to get the speedy b 30 in August for my bday but walked out with the Siena MM, however the speedy b 30 has been on my mind since.
So my question is- are they too similar to have both?
Does anyone have both and use one over the other more? This would be what I'm afraid of.
Speedy b has been in my wish list for a while but every time I go in to the boutique- I walk out with something else!
Thank you in advance for the advice.
Ugh- the struggle is real. Don't get me started on my secondary problem as to whether I get the speedy b 25 vs. 30.....

The shapes of the two are entirely different.
I have the Siena MM and 4 speedys and actually prefer how the Siena lies against the body. I wear the Siena more with dresses and skirts and the Speedys with slacks, jeans etc. To me, the Speedys are more casual than the Siena.

Perfect! You guys are the best!
Thanks so much for your input! DH got in my head and told me they look exactly the same and I started to question whether I was too obsessed to see the difference! And for a bit depressed that I shouldn't have both!

Ah that explains it. Men don't always see the nuances. My husband thought I added colored pieces of leather to my mono Alma when he saw my mono Totem speedy, not knowing I bought a new purse. As if I could actually add pieces of leather to my Alma? I can barely sew a hem let alone re-cobble a purse.

Lol men! Ditto! my super mom skills are pretty limited! On the flip side, at least I can sneak a new purse into the house when I'm on ban island bc he just assumes it's one I already have! I just won't ask his opinion on them anymore! I have TPF!!

Lol. Mine would barely be able to tell apart the speedy from the neverfull 😂😂leave alone give sound advice!

I love the look of the siena, but it hasnt been around lomg enough to know how it holds up over time.
The speedy on the other hand is a reliable classic...been around forvever...

I do think they are too similar, if you have them both in the same print.

Yes, I was going to get the speedy b in DE. I have a speedy 30 in Mono so I didn't want to get a speedy b in the same size and print- too much vachetta to worry about! Plus I was on a mono kick for a while and have exhausted the print in my collection.
Hmm, what to do....

Lol. Mine would barely be able to tell apart the speedy from the neverfull 😂😂leave alone give sound advice!

I love the look of the siena, but it hasnt been around lomg enough to know how it holds up over time.
The speedy on the other hand is a reliable classic...been around forvever...

Haha- I wouldn't have called it 'advice' per se- more of me thinking out loud and him protesting another handbag! Lol!