Sick of the cheapos on ebay!!

My mother-in-law bought my baby boy a shirt from overseas and it turned out a bit small for him. She bought the shirt for $100ish so I thought maybe I'll put it on ebay so some other baby can have it for cheap since we don't know any younger babies. Start bidding price at $20. A guy bidded on it yesterday and I recieved a message from him today, saying

"Can i just give you the $20 and buy it out now? I will be paying it via bank deposit on thursday so If you want to do this deal at $20 plus $6 postage I will be happy to do it. So if you want to do the deal please send me your bank details we can do this!!!"

WTH is he thinking!!! This is called an AUCTION! Hmmm, let's see, I really would like to sell it to you for $20 knowing that I could get more for it, pay my end listing early fee and disappoint my other watchers. He was a memeber since 06 but has 0 FB. So I wrote back to him "This is called an auction, people bid. I can't end my listing just for you or anyone. I hope you win it for $20!" ugh...yeah right.

This isn't the first time I get messages like that but at least others write to me BEFORE they bid. I so wish someone outbids him.

Sorry guys, I just needed to let it out.

nah its ok, we all vent our ebay/paypal frustrations here and are met with understanding.

speaking of the cheapos, ugh, that just makes me so angry. its like one of the posts here where somebody did a best offer of i think $60 on a $1400 bag. i mean, do these people think we're totally retarded and would settle for anything. if anything we'd keep our items instead of parting with them at such a ridiculous low price.

that guy is just, gosh, one of those buyers we sellers hate to deal with in any situation.

^thanks jenn. that's why i never put the "best offer" option on my listings. i get cheap offers anyway without having it there! i once had a bag start bidding at $777, the buyer messaged me said i'll give you $200 for it. wow...$200....how about a dollar?????

honestly wouldn't the buyer start thinking the bag is a fake if the seller did accept $60 offer? and who the hell would accept $60 for an authentic bag? all these no brainers are driving me nuts!

It is crazy. Someone did that with a pair of shoes the other day. It was the first day of my auction and they offered me the starting bid price. I didn't even respond after I told her I wasn't doing a buy it now for her.

i get that all the time. ill have a buy it now and somene will write asking if ill accept a best offer and i just want to say if i did it would be in the listing!!

It's amazing how people will offer you $100 when your starting bid is $1200- I wonder if they're trying to insult the seller.?

It's so not any fun , like it used to be! Don't get me wrong, there are still some great and honest people on ebay, however now it's loaded with way too many scammers and deadbeats! Ebay has an entire department dedicated to deal with them. best....Michelle:heart:

i get that all the time. ill have a buy it now and somene will write asking if ill accept a best offer and i just want to say if i did it would be in the listing!!

:lol: Exactly how I feel! I finally added a line to my "fine print" spiel about how I won't respond to messages asking me to end the auction early or making offers.

One good way to put an end to those silly offers (if you have a listing using BIN or Best Offer) is to automatically reject offers under a certain amount. I think all of us at one time or another have been taken aback and/or insulted at some of the offers we get. I can't figure out if these people honestly don't know the value of what they are looking at, or if they think I am totally clueless. (Which I may be, but not about handbags!!!!);)